MovingPictures 1.8.4 [Support for MP 1.23+] [2020-01-26] (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I noticed another change from 1.8.1.0 to 1.8.2.0: in sorting the movies prefixes like "A" and "The" are ignored and so The Mummy is being placed under the "M". This only seems to work with NEW imports. I have two questions:

1. Is this correct, as there is no documentation about it?
    2. Is this a setting that can be changed? Or is it built-in?

Thanks.
    The sorting by ignoring the prefix is not a recent feature it has been around for quite a while.

From memory I think there is an option under advanced settings.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @kiwijunglist: Thanks for your reply. I tried to find the option under advanced settings, but didn't. Do you mean a setting is Moving Pictures or in the general Mediaportal Configuration?
    After some research, I found Moving Pictures is using the "sort by" field (obviously) and that field can be updated using an option in the advanced tools in Moving Pictures (gear wheel).

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, sort of. I'm still looking for the option you mentioned under advanced settings to change this behaviour.

CountZer0

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Moving pictures doesn't find any matches for recently added movies. Any trouble with IMDb?

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Works fine for me, even for movies added yesterday, but I rely on the IMDb+ plugin obviously, since that's mine :)

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ltfearme: As a longtime user of Moving Pictures (and a very satisfied one) I was hoping it was time to have some visual support for UHD movies. I mean, it would be nice to see a logo for 4K content and for the new audio formats like Dolby Atmos. I have collected almost 200 4K movies, but they look a little pale without the proper visual support, don't you agree?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, that should all work fine, but your skin might need added support. I've shared the 4K and corresponding audio codec images before.

Think I still use the images from this post from last year -- HEVC Video, DTSX, ATMOS, DD+ Audio Codecs -- but would have to check to confirm. The respective skin changes are referenced a few posts before those in the same thread (I use Titan myself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom