MovingPictures 1.8.4 [Support for MP 1.23+] [2020-01-26] (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I would also suggest you make a 4K/UHD category to group them nicely in your main menu depending on your structure, and simply add a width > 3000 rule on it.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    RoChess, I remember seeing the post you are talking about. I also remember being stuck at trying to get the posted update by ltfearme to work. Then I sort of gave up, but now I will try again. Any tips how to work with his .7z file? And do I still have to do stuff manually, like you say?
    I'm using the defaultwideHD skin. I also already have a 4K category in my main menu, but I don't know what you mean by width > 3000 rule?
    Thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, 7z is open source awesome zipped method, so you can just download it from www.7-zip.org or if your existing ZIP tools are actually well written support will be included.

And yes, the manual edits are needed, but if you give me your theme folder (7-zipped) then i can make the changes for you. Only require the following XML files:

TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml
    movingpictures.mediainfo.xml
    movingpictures.mediainfo.details.xml

I'm sure if you look at the detailed post @ HEVC Video, DTSX, ATMOS, DD+ Audio Codecs then you can probably make the changes yourself quick.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I made the manual edits myself. But got stuck when the 7z file was unzipped. It contained 3 dll's and 3 pdb's. I put them all in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows. Is this the right directory? Because now my Moving Pictures config crashes. This is what happened to me last year so I quit.
    I'm using MP 1.16 and MovingPictures 1.8.2.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ltfearme: you're right. I thought I needed the patch, because I didn't see anything happening in the skin I'm using (DefaultWideHD). Just for testing I switched to Titan and voila: there they were the UHD video and audio logos. So I don't need the patch, but how to get the other logo's in the skin I'm using? I suppose with RoChess's method and logo's? Will my skin then automatically display the logo's like Dolby Atmos, True HD and 4K (the most common)?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    DefaultWideHD is done by @catavolt , you could ask him to take a look ;) He may be able to point you in the right direction and pointers on how to add support for new media types.

To give you an understanding of how it works, the plugin will report to the MediaPortal skin engine what it knows about the media file selected in the GUI, this includes the resolution of the video file amongst other things. Its then the skins responsibility to do something with it, its not mandatory and is all up to the skin designer to support icons and text basis the selected media.

The best way to rule out a skin problem vs a movingpictures plugin problem for media-info support is to directly go to the Configuration tool for MovPics. In there you can switch to the File view for a media item and see what it knows about the file such as the resolution, audio channels etc. If the information is present and correct then you know at least all the problem is, is that the skin might be either missing an icon or simply does not recognise the new format basis its skin rules.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, that 7-zip file attachment only contained PNG images to add 4K, and audio codec icons. Not sure where you got DLLs from.

The Moving-Pictures log file will tell you the audio codec used, so you can verify you have the corresponding icon in place, and if you turn on skin debugging then you can take it much further.

I guess the changes to XML files I provided are no longer needed with build in support, but I haven't had time to check that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom