MovPicNFO (2 Viewers)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same for me here on Win7 x64 machines...

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.0.1.1
    • get standard MP database path, if no path is configured in MovPicNFO.Settings.xml
    • Log file now in standard MP log directory (..\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\)
    • x64 problems fixed - hopefully ??? -fixed :)
    • now you can configure the Cover and FanArt filename for movie folder, that will be load on open MovPic database
    • Export Cover and FanArt to movie folder
    • Export filename for Cover and FanArt can be configured

Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.0.1.1
    • get standard MP database path, if no path is configured in MovPicNFO.Settings.xml
    • Log file now in standard MP log directory (..\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\)
    • x64 problems fixed - hopefully ???
    • now you can configure the Cover and FanArt filename for movie folder, that will be load on open MovPic database

Made a first, quick test and all seems to work fine (x64 :) )!

Big Thanks
    Helios

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you use the official XBMC definition for NFO files for your program?
    certainly, but the tool only export movie informations, no file information.
    I tested the tool with the filminfo+ scrapper.

Take a look into the nfo file. if you need additional infos, let me know

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.0.1.1
    • x64 problems fixed - hopefully ???

Great! It's working fine for me on my x64 systems. It is a great tool, I instantly went through all my movies and exported all fanarts and covers I like.
    Here are two feature requests which would make it ever more comfortable:
    1. Could you add buttons for next and previous movie? The drop down list is a little bit annoying...
    2. Could you add the possibility to choose which cover and which fanart you want to save to the folder? I assume right now it only offers you the first/default image?

Would be great!

Thanks again for your tool
    Luca

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Could you add buttons for next and previous movie? The drop down list is a little bit annoying...
    You can use the arrowkeys up/down to navigate. DropDownList is allways focused.

Could you add the possibility to choose which cover and which fanart you want to save to the folde
    Perhaps, but very low priority.
    Covers can be changed over MovPic config.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can use the arrowkeys up/down to navigate. DropDownList is allways focused.

Could you add the possibility to choose which cover and which fanart you want to save to the folde
    Perhaps, but very low priority.
    Covers can be changed over MovPic config.
    Aight, thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    First post header is v1.0.1.1, but the actual attachment is v1.0.1.0, so which one is it :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, seems your ZIP file is simply named wrong, the actual EXE inside is the correvt v1.0.1.1, and I just tested it as a fresh install.

Under XP it perfectly obtains the right path, and the new feature to generate %Filename%-cover.jpg works awesome (as well as for backdrop). One future enhancement that would be nice (which would also satisfy 'Luca Brasi' request, would be an option to also export all the other artwork as "%Filename%-cover (2).jpg", etc.

I understand if you want to keep that low priority, but currently MovingPictures does not have any easy way to select the backdrop inside config (or GUI), but it does obtain multiple versions sometimes. So it would be nice if these extra versions can be 'secured' for future reference and easier to adjust before the movie is (re)-imported.

Did a quick run on this test-box and everything works very well. I did not examine the contents of the NFO files in great detail yet, but I assume you followed the XBMC NFO syntax rules on that, so that must be good. Did you keep in mind some of the custom expansions that the XBMC NFO import scraper of MovingPictures supports?

Scraper = http://moving-pictures.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/MovingPictures/DataProviders/ScraperScripts/xbmc.xml

Pretty sure 'writers' is not a default XBMC supported syntax: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import/Export_library#Movies

As a future enhancement it would be nice if you can turn this into an MPEI that constantly monitors new imports for MovPic and generates the NFO/artwork files for those, but this definatly works good as-is :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom