MovPicNFO (1 Viewer)

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Scrounger,

I've got a problem when I try to modify nfos created by MovPicNFO in Notepad++. After changing something, saving and reloading the file all Umlaute and characters like é will show up really weird:

View attachment 106612

It will then show up like this in MovPic after import.
    I think it is something about the encoding but I don't have a clue about UTF-8 and all that stuff.
    Maybe you're using Notepad++ as well. Do you know what going wrong here? Do I have to set something in Notepad++ or is there something wrong with the exported file?

Thanks!
    Luca
    You can solve this issue by editing the c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\langs.xml.
    Search for this line
    Code:
    <Language name="nfo" ext="nfo">
    and replace it with
    Code:
    <Language name="xml" ext="nfo">

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried to use this tool but I get an unhandled exception when I try to browse for the database. I'll see if I can copy the content of the exception and post it later. I'm using WinXP SP3.

Emph

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think this happenes if you don't run MovPicInfo from the right place. It has to be copied into the MediaPortal Program dir "c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\" or on 32 Bit systems "c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\"...

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe a dumb question, but what happens if there is already a nfo file in the Movie directory, will it simply be overwritten?
    Because that is the way i have it in my collection, every movie has a suitable nfo file with the IMDB ID in the same folder.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, will be nuked without asking...

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Feature requests:

* When creating a cover file, use the one cover selected from the database, not just *any cover*​
    I have lots of own-imported Swedish covers for my kids' movies, very annoying to not have them saved​
    * Save the movie poster as moviename.jpg instead of folder.jpg​
    if you don't keep each film in a separate folder, these won't be saved for each film or overwritten​

Thanks
    Emph

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom