MovPicNFO (3 Viewers)

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I understand if you want to keep that low priority, but currently MovingPictures does not have any easy way to select the backdrop inside config (or GUI), but it does obtain multiple versions sometimes. So it would be nice if these extra versions can be 'secured' for future reference and easier to adjust before the movie is (re)-imported.
    low priority because i dont't need this feature. I download only one backdrop per movie.
    I use this tool for movies, i want to put into my archiv folder. Before this, i check Cover and Infos in MovPic Config and then export the infos with the tool.

Did you keep in mind some of the custom expansions that the XBMC NFO import scraper of MovingPictures supports?
    It follows not excactly the xbmc nfo standard.
    I tested the tool with all informations, that you get from filminfo+ scraper. Look at the screenshots. All the shown infos can be exported and will be imported by the MovPic xbmc scraper (tested it with ~270 Movies)

01.jpg 02.jpg

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe this is the plugin i am searching for to conserve my current MovingPictures status.
    I just adjust all the Certification Fields in my Moving Pictures DB and the simple problem is that when someone, in the meantime changed the name of a collection online or something else, i have to manually edit some things.
    Also the local import is much faster than that from online ressources.

Really great would be a feature where this Program Monitors the Movie Folder for changes automatically or if it could only show you the movies which it doesn't worked with till now.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Scrounger,

I've got a problem when I try to modify nfos created by MovPicNFO in Notepad++. After changing something, saving and reloading the file all Umlaute and characters like é will show up really weird:

mmigstation - 2012-07-03 - Image -002.png

It will then show up like this in MovPic after import.
    I think it is something about the encoding but I don't have a clue about UTF-8 and all that stuff.
    Maybe you're using Notepad++ as well. Do you know what going wrong here? Do I have to set something in Notepad++ or is there something wrong with the exported file?

Thanks!
    Luca

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Will this save plot info as well as runtime from Moving Pictures database, or only IMDB ID then let Moving Pictures re-scrape on re-import? I ask because I'm a fan of so called FanEdits and currently there's no scraper for them (fanedit.org) so I've had to change plot, runtime and genre manually for each one in my library.

Cheers
    Emph

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It will save plot info as well as runtime in the nfo. Before re-import you have to configure the importer in movpic to prefer local (xbmc)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Will this save plot info as well as runtime from Moving Pictures database, or only IMDB ID then let Moving Pictures re-scrape on re-import? I ask because I'm a fan of so called FanEdits and currently there's no scraper for them (fanedit.org) so I've had to change plot, runtime and genre manually for each one in my library.

Cheers
    Emph

You can make a perfect off-line backup, so you can even restore your entire collection without internet and make it look the exact same on a fresh install with the exception of perhaps things like date-added. Like Luca says though, it is important to then make the XBMC (Local) scraper first priority so that it gets a first pick at actually adding the info to MovPic dbase, otherwise the scraper that is first will ignore it and use the internet to obtain the info.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Scrounger,

I've got a problem when I try to modify nfos created by MovPicNFO in Notepad++. After changing something, saving and reloading the file all Umlaute and characters like é will show up really weird:

View attachment 106612

It will then show up like this in MovPic after import.
    I think it is something about the encoding but I don't have a clue about UTF-8 and all that stuff.
    Maybe you're using Notepad++ as well. Do you know what going wrong here? Do I have to set something in Notepad++ or is there something wrong with the exported file?

Thanks!
    Luca

Try changing the encoding to UTF-8 with BOM (at the bottom screen of Notepad++ it shows than ANSI as UTF-8).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is excellent, gotta try it tonight. Btw, how are stacked files handled. Will there be an .nfo created for "movie cd1.avi" as well as "movie cd2.avi"?

Cheers
    Emph

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have not tried this Program till now, but normally it should name the nfo after the first file of the stack, so for your example it would be movie cd1.nfo.

That was told me would be the correct way so Movingpictures could handle nfo files correctly.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi darkside40,
    Try changing the encoding to UTF-8 with BOM
    Thanks! It worked. Thought I had tried that already but apparently not...maybe I changed it after editing (n)

(at the bottom screen of Notepad++ it shows than ANSI as UTF-8).
    It show up as Dos\Windows | UTF-8. Is it important to show up as ANSI?

Still annoying is that I have to change the encoding for each open file before editing. The reason of using notepad++ above all is the possibility to search and replace Languages or genres over all nfos. You've got a trick for that too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom