MovPicNFO (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Question.
Is it possible to export/import genre?

I created an extra genre for my kids, just my kids names. |Sophie en Julia| Now my wife and kids have their own section in movingpictures using a filter which only shows movies with THAT genre name.
Would it be possible to import/export those as well? Took a lot of time filtering and manual work to get it like it is .. :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Question.
    Is it possible to export/import genre?

I created an extra genre for my kids, just my kids names. |Sophie en Julia| Now my wife and kids have their own section in movingpictures using a filter which only shows movies with THAT genre name.
    Would it be possible to import/export those as well? Took a lot of time filtering and manual work to get it like it is .. :)

If not possible, I use the workaround to have all children's movies in the same folder, and use the path to filter these movies. But I use My Videos first and foremost for their movies though.

Emph

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I just discover this plugin and I have a question:
    I would like to install MePo 1.6 with a clean install to have MySQL 5.6 but I don't want to re-scan all my movies of MovingPictures.
    Can I use MovPicNfo to export all the movies data and then import once in MePo 1.6?
    Thanks.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can I use MovPicNfo to export all the movies data and then import once in MePo 1.6?

Yes. The results will however vary a bit depending on your folder structure. If all of your movies have their own folder, you can choose to save poster as well as backdrop and they can be re-used for your import. I only save the .nfo files, as I think this data is the most important, and I don't care how the files are stored inside my Movie folder (some movies don't have their own folder, some do).

Also, before adding folder paths in Moving Pictures for re-import, make sure that the local XBMC nfo importer is at the top or the IMDB importer will start pulling results immediately.

Emph

DIDO666

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2010
    I really like this tool. Great work.
    Is there a possibility to integrate different queries like just show Films were something is missing like backdrop.jpg, imdbid.txt or such things?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I really like this tool. Great work.
    Is there a possibility to integrate different queries like just show Films were something is missing like backdrop.jpg, imdbid.txt or such things?

Until it gets added into MovPicNFO, you can already get the results of both queries manually inside MovPic db3 database via any SQLite program, such as SQLite Expert Personal.

It is an old post I did, but everything is still valid: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/howto-manually-find-movie-entries-with-missing-info-via-sql-queries.74825/

There are queries to look for movies with same title, double imported movies (same IMDb tt-ID), movies that lack IMDb tt-ID, movies that lack plot summary, missing cover or missing backdrop.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Scrounger;
    Having just spent a ton of time developing a generic NFO grabber for MyFilms plugin that supports the many variants of the (so-called) XBMC NFO 'standard', I thought it might help if I shared what I learned. I ended up testing ~10 different apps that claim to support XBMC NFO standard :rolleyes: The purpose of MyFilms NFO grabber is to allow users to use external media managers to manage their movie collection, so not intended to read MovPicNFO format, but while I was testing it I thought I would just check MovPicNFO anyways ;)

As you mentioned a couple of times in this thread MovPicNFO does not conform 100% to XBMC NFO standard. TBH it isn't easy to, because the standard is not actually very complete, well defined or well documented! So each app that uses NFO files has extended the standard, plus there are numerous variations about how data is output in each tag, how multiple occurrences are handled, etc.

I realize the purpose of your plugin is mainly to support MovingPictures DB, so this is NOT a criticism or complaint. I just thought it might be helpful to let you know the major differences I noticed in MovPicNFO format from XBMC standard:
    • As Rochess mentioned previously <writer> is not a supported tag - writers are normally output (and read from) <credits> tag. Some apps support <writer> but usually read and write <credits> as well. Of course, <credits> can include any 'person' who worked on the film (e.g. Producers). Sometimes roles are written in brackets - e.g. Scrounger (Producer) but with no consistency - e.g. could be (Writer), (Story), (Novel), etc.
    • There is a lot of variation re multiple occurrences (some apps repeat the tag like <genre> while others usually use a comma as separator). But I have never seen any app that supports a separator as the first character in the field like MovPicNFO uses (e.g. <director>|<name>|</director>)
    • The tag for studios is normally <studio> not <studios> (with occurrences often badly separated by commas which is a mess for 'Weinstein Company, The' which IMDb uses)
    • MovPicNFO writes AKAs to <originaltitle> which some apps use for matching since (depending on the grabber/source) the <title> may not be in English or match data on other sites. Unfortunately XBMC NFO standard does not include a definition for AKAs.
    I had hoped that NFO could be a more universal format, but as more and more apps use it, it has become less and less standard. :(

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I wanna mention something too. I've not been using My Videos' database, because the built in scraper doesn't support Swedish, and I mainly use My Videos for my children's movies. Some of them are ripped DVD catalogs, (AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS) and these play fine in MovingPictures and in the shares view of MyVideos. If I import them using My Videos' own IMDB scraper, they work too.

But the problem I've just recently noticed is that if I use MovPicInfo to export nfo files from the MovingPictures database and then import the movies in MyVideos using the local nfo scraper only, they won't play! If I'm lucky, I get the first VOB (but if it's a menu, it just plays back like a movie with no interaction possible) to play, then the player exits back to the movie info.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Import a VIDEO_TS folder as a movie in MovingPictures
    2. Open MovPicInfo and export the movie's info to an .nfo file
    3. Import the movie with My Videos using the nfo importer
    4. Try to play it and see what happens

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Import a VIDEO_TS folder as a movie in MovingPictures
    2. Open MovPicInfo and export the movie's info to an .nfo file
    3. Import the movie with My Videos using the nfo importer
    4. Try to play it and see what happens

That is a bug then in MyVideos importer, did you try it on MediaPortal v1.7 pre release? Might already be fixed. If not, then report bug to the MyVideos developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom