MovPicNFO (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
A scroll bar on the right hand side would be good for those of us testing on low res laptops (me...lol) who cant see the whole screen :D

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi guys. Perhaps someone can help me out with this.
I have used this cool plugin to generate nfo files and copy folder and backdrop images also.
(using the settings %Filename%-covers.jpg etc)
Everything has created fine.
My issue is importing into moving pictures.
I have set the the importer to look locally via XBMC(local) for film, cover and backdrop.
When I run the import it finds all my files as they all say detected as getting data from local.
But to me it looks like it is still getting all the artwork from the web. as the network trafic is high and its taking a really long time to complete.
Where as if it was just copying in the local art it should be quick as a whip to import.
I have ticked the boxes on the importer setup tab to say look locally for covers and backdrops. and I have even added in the field of types to look for both %Filename%-covers.jpg and %Filename%-backdrop.jpg. But whatever I do seems to make no difference and its going online to retrieve this extra data.

Am I doing something wrong? I am using Media portal 1.3 alpha. Perhaps thats the issue?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

have you set it up like this?

screen_mmigstation_2012-11-10_ 001.png

screen_mmigstation_2012-11-10_ 000.png

Only local date must be active.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    AH! no.. I didn't try it like that..
    I tried it with XBMC and Local each at the top of the list. But I didnt disable all the other sources as well.
    I really don't know why I didn't think to try that.
    I ended up letting it get the images from online in the end. took a couple of hours.
    At least it got the movie info from the nfo though which saved me hours of certificate and sort order work.
    And I now know how to do it should it need doing again. :)

Thank you ever so much for the reply.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Is it possible to get .nfo files that are compatible with My Videos as well as Moving Pictures? I love to use IMDB++ scraper to get localized results as no Swedish scraper exist for My Videos, and then I export them to .nfo files with MovPicNFO and run an import in My Videos using it's NFO scraper. But there are some stuff that doesn't work so well here. Genres in Moving Pictures use | as a separator meaning that multi-genres like |Adventure|Comedy|Family| get bundled together in a way that makes them unusable for filtering within My Videos. A better way would be to use this format:

<genre>Adventure</genre>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <genre>Family</genre>

AFAIK, Moving Pictures can use the above format as well, and making this application much more user-friendly (I've tried to get filtering working inside My Videos for the last two days now :( ). See here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...please-teach-me-how.114070/page-2#post-935899

Cheers
    Emph

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

Is it possible to get .nfo files that are compatible with My Videos as well as Moving Pictures? I love to use IMDB++ scraper to get localized results as no Swedish scraper exist for My Videos, and then I export them to .nfo files with MovPicNFO and run an import in My Videos using it's NFO scraper. But there are some stuff that doesn't work so well here. Genres in Moving Pictures use | as a separator meaning that multi-genres like |Adventure|Comedy|Family| get bundled together in a way that makes them unusable for filtering within My Videos. A better way would be to use this format:

<genre>Adventure</genre>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <genre>Family</genre>

AFAIK, Moving Pictures can use the above format as well, and making this application much more user-friendly (I've tried to get filtering working inside My Videos for the last two days now :( ). See here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...please-teach-me-how.114070/page-2#post-935899

Cheers
    Emph

Yes this idea would be very helpful.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Question:
    How can i get the "watched" status in the main nfo file?
    My problem ist that the myvideo nfo scraper doesnt recognize the watched status. Does it reads the ...WatchStatus.xml?
    All my movies are unwatched...

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The myvideos nfo scraper does not read the WatchStatus.xml. So can you add it to the main nfo file please to get a standard way over all systems (xbmc, mp, ...) to export movie data

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <movie>
    <watched>false</watched>
    <playcount>0</playcount>

Last edited:

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    A better way would be to use this format:
    <genre>Adventure</genre>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <genre>Family</genre>

I have added this feature, but MovPic cant recognize this format ?!
    This is implemented in the attached beta, so you can test it.

The myvideos nfo scraper does not read the WatchStatus.xml. So can you add it to the main nfo file please to get a standard way over all systems (xbmc, mp, ...) to export movie data

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <movie>
    <watched>false</watched>
    <playcount>0</playcount>

I added the <watched> to *.nfo file.
    <playcount> does not exisist in MovPic DB or i didn't find it.

by the way:
    How i can setup MyVideos to use the *nfo files?

Attachments

• MovPicNFO_1.0.1.3.beta.zip
      52.8 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom