MP 1.16 MPAR Broken/Bug (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Owlsroost - I use ffdshow because I encode it to 5.1 for your amp cause I have to manually to pro logic otherwise if going from a DD source to a 2.0 source as my amp does not remember the last settings used and therefore just reverts to 2.0. FFDshow forces it all to 5.1 so the amp doesnt have to be messed with. Was so annoying switching channels and it reverting back.

No this has only started since the upgrade. The other room the kitchen client was doing the same the other day also and logs were posted.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If you are happy making changes to the Windows Registry using 'regedit', please set the registry key "EnableBufferLogging" to 1 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader. Try to reproduce the problem again and attach the logs. This will add more logging to TsReader.log which might help me to see better what is happening.

(Type 'regedit' into the Win10 search box to run the utility).

The other room the kitchen client was doing the same the other day also and logs were posted.

As far as I could tell from your post, MPAR was involved then, and your comment on the situation was "Been fine since you replaced that file with the one from 1.15."

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Will ask @Adam86 if he can do that change. Watching a film tonight on the lounge and audio is going out of sync every 5 minutes. It's DD audio thats being output.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I made the change but haven't had chance to test yet!
    She's going swimming tomorrow so should have a chance...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Will ask @Adam86 if he can do that change. Watching a film tonight on the lounge and audio is going out of sync every 5 minutes. It's DD audio thats being output.

Does the problem happen every time you watch TV (or a recording), or just on certain channels, or only every so often?

The reason I ask is because in the logs attached here there are lots of apparently OK TV starts/channel changes, then one at the end which goes wrong (based on comparing the TsReader and EVR log content). I may have a theory about what is going on, but I need a bit more input about the circumstances when the problem is happening.

Do you bitstream the DD audio, or decode it in FFDshow?

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    I may be on the wrong track here, but please can you humour me and try something...

It looks like a few new settings have been added in the new version of MPAR. I think one of them may be responsible for the difference in behaviour that you're observing.

Normally it's possible to edit MPAR settings via the MPAR property page. This:
    View attachment 190089

However, it looks like the new settings haven't been exposed via the above interface [yet]. Therefore we have to access them via an alternative mechanism.

All MPAR settings are stored in the Windows system registry under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\Audio Renderer key.
    The contents of the registry can be viewed and changed using the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) tool provided with Windows.

A standard warning/disclaimer: take care when modifying the registry. Modifications may cause problems. I take no responsibility. :)

The setting you're looking for is the "AllowBitStreaming" setting. I expect the value is currently "1". Please try changing the value to "0". You'll have to restart MediaPortal for the change to take effect.

P.S. I'm not an MPAR expert by any means. In fact I've never personally used MPAR. Just trying to help. Please keep that in mind when reading my advice. :)

OK so I tried changing the AllowBitStreaming from 1 to 0 and then placed the 1.16 mpaudiorenderer.ax back in place and I'm afraid its exactly the same, playback in stereo and sounds like a broken record after approx 10 minutes.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Does the problem happen every time you watch TV (or a recording), or just on certain channels, or only every so often?

The reason I ask is because in the logs attached here there are lots of apparently OK TV starts/channel changes, then one at the end which goes wrong (based on comparing the TsReader and EVR log content). I may have a theory about what is going on, but I need a bit more input about the circumstances when the problem is happening.

Do you bitstream the DD audio, or decode it in FFDshow?

Since I've turned off the sync option in LAV it's been grand in every room today. Will keep testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom