MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working

Discussion in '1.21' started by Hazza06, February 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hazza06

Hazza06 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi Folks,
    I've been using MP 1.20 for some time now, all was working well, except for dynamic refresh rate control would sometimes fail to change the refresh rate.

I see a DRR control fix in 1.21 so decided to upgrade, the upgrade went without any error or exception, and seems to be working, but now the volume OSD is absent, when using the 1039 RC6 MCE remote or MCE keyboard volume controls. Controlling the volume works, just the volume OSD is absent.

The other volume OSD by using the - = shortcut keys still appears on screen.

My remote control config is the recommended HID handler classic profile.

All other 1039 RC6 MCE remote controls are working, just the volume OSD absent.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Any ideas ?

Last edited: February 14, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +4,251 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
  4. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,205 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I think it could be. I did a lot of testing with the various combinations of OSD options under the MP Config/General/Volume Settings. To avoid the loss of audio problem on resume from sleep I have to have the "Hide Windows OSD" unchecked which should mean I get that OSD when I change the volume, it certainly was displayed during my testing. Later on, however, while using my HTPC normally I noticed it wasn't appearing, double checked and the setting was unchecked.
    After reading the OP I did some more tests and basically, with my setup and Win 10 :- Starting with the Windows Volume OSD displaying, If I check the "Hide Windows OSD" and restart MP 1.21 then that OSD is not displayed as you would expect, if I then uncheck it and restart MP the OSD is still not displayed:eek: and will not reappear again until Windows is rebooted! So it seems the turn off OSD is can be actioned with an MP restart but a reboot is needed to turn it back on.:oops:

Not sure if that is the OPs problem but if you have not already done so uncheck "Hide Windows OSD" and reboot Windows and then restart MP 1.21

Last edited: February 14, 2019
  5. Hazza06

Hazza06 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I've always had the 'Hide Windows OSD' unchecked in 1.20 and this option successfully kept unchanged in upgrade from 1.20 to 1.21

Haven't yet tried a system restart, but will soon.

UPDATE: a system restart made no difference, still no volume OSD when using volume control on 1039 MCE remote or MCE keyboard

Any other ideas ?

Anyone else using MP 1.21 Final with the 1039 MCE remote, and volume OSD working ?

Last edited: February 15, 2019
  6. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,205 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I did not spot your update till today, sorry can't help with the 1039 MCE Remote but just a thought, if you also enable the MP volume OSD (tick "Show Volume OSD) do you see either or both?

7. Hazza06

Hazza06 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    The MP "Show Volume OSD" has always been enabled in both MP 1.20 and MP 1.21 Final AND

The 'Hide Windows OSD' has always been unchecked in both MP 1.20 and MP 1.21 Final

Please read my OP, in MP 1.20 both volume OSD worked. yes there are 2 x volume OSD, one volume OSD for MCE remote and MCE keyboard volume, and a separate volume OSD for shortcut keys -= . Both volume OSD worked perfectly, and both changed volume perfectly.

In MP 1.21 Final only the shortcut keys -= volume OSD works, when using MCE remote and MCE keyboard volume buttons, the volume change works, the volume OSD is absent.

Any other suggestions?

It looks like a MP 1.21 Final regression / bug to me.

Last edited: February 22, 2019
  8. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Just checked (on Win 10) using the volume up/down keys on the keyboard and both volume OSDs were displayed, as expected with those settings (I don't have/use an MCE remote, so can't check that).

9. Hazza06

Hazza06 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs

i have Win 7 x64, not windows 10

both volume OSD's worked in MP 1.20 in Windows 7 x64 with .NET Framework Full; client and server 4.6.0

only keyboard shortcut keys -= volume OSD works in MP 1.21 in Windows 7 x64 with .NET Framework Full; client and server 4.6.0, other volume button OSD is absent

-> using HID classic for remote profile in MP 1.20 and MP 1.21

Last edited: February 22, 2019
  10. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
  11. Hazza06

Hazza06 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    is this likely to be fixed in either patch or next MP release for windows 7 ?

I also tried on another PC running windows 10 with MP1.21 Final, and the remote volume OSD appears little different to how MP1.20 worked, i see in MP1.21 with windows 10, the one larger horizontal volume OSD is now used for both remote / keyboard volume buttons and using shortcut -= keys. As pictured below;

MP_1.21_W10_MCE_remote_volume_OSD.png

MP 1.20 where there were 2 distinct different volume OSD, one small vertical OSD for remote / keyboard volume buttons, and the other larger horizontal OSD using shortcut -= keys.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!