MP 1.3.x dshowhelper development (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi Tony could you also make:
    #define SCHED_MMCSS_PRIORITY AVRT_PRIORITY_HIGH
    #define WORKER_MMCSS_PRIORITY AVRT_PRIORITY_NORMAL
    #define TIMER_MMCSS_PRIORITY AVRT_PRIORITY_LOW

configurable through registry? To me all of them at HIGH works best.

Thanks!

Stefan

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks!

Stefan

I thought you'd ask for that at some point ;) - I'll add it to the 'ToDo' list :)

Tony

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Excellent results with 667 and MP 1.3 b18. Set EnableDWMQueuedMode 1.

With AMD HD7750

Not expecting much difference as this GPU handles everything SD and HD without render or FPS poblems.
    The 667 improvement was seen though with horizontal scrolling text on SD news channels BBC and SKY where deinterlacing artifacts have almost dissapeared.
    On BLURAY 60FPS the random render time drifting from 3.4ms to 15ms (although no observed visual problems or change to FPS) has stopped and stays locked to 3.4 ms.

With an onboard GPU AMD HD 4200

When ATI dropped the Theatre (Rage and 200 chipset) pure hardware decoders for shader based efforts starting with HD 2000 GPU series performance has been c-rap with the low end and OB GPU's
    This GPU fails with even SD 50fps material, render time 20ms ! and FPS struggles to 35FPS (almost as though there is a forced VSYNC problem) more dropped frames than rendered.
    The 667 made a stunning improvement with SD material render time dropped to 6-7ms and FPS could lock on to 50FPS, there is a small increase in cpu usage from 50% to 57% (single core cpu) but well worth the results.
    HD material improved from a blank screen no sound to some playback with lots of dropped frames and good audio, a major improvement that would need a much more powerful cpu to get smooth palyback

Thanks for your hard work on this.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Thanks!

Stefan

v669 just added to the first page :)

Tony

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Just came back to post results from extensive three day use with ATI 7750, not good stability wise with 667, logs attached if they help.

Had many MP freezes while starting file playback needing MP to be killed/restarted and after I had two GPU driver failure/recovery events I switched back to the MP standard release (totaly stable).

Will now try 669

Attachments

• 667.JPG
      667.JPG
      40.3 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In my case, the default version of MP 1.3.0 Alpha is the most stable version so far.. With all other version (669 not tested yet) I'm having problems after channel changes.. Sometimes the screen goes black, and I have to restart mediaportal.. If it hapend with v669 also I will upload some logs.. :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    SciDoctor/powermarcel10 - so we can try to narrow down what might be triggering the problems, can you try running with 'EnableDWMQueuedMode' = 0 please ?

I notice both of you are running AMD GPUs - maybe there is a common factor here - which driver versions are you using ?

Tony

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    SciDoctor/powermarcel10 - so we can try to narrow down what might be triggering the problems, can you try running with 'EnableDWMQueuedMode' = 0 please ?

I notice both of you are running AMD GPUs - maybe there is a common factor here - which driver versions are you using ?

Tony

Hi Owlsroost,

thanks.. I'm running the latest beta version of AMD now (12.11) as it give me a huge improvement boost for some games.. But I have also tested it with the latest stable version, and there is no difference..

How do I enable DWMQueuedModem? I mean, where can I find it in the registy?

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom