MP-4210 Live Commercial Skip (1 Viewer)

krokusmtl

Portal Member
April 22, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
UPDATE:

After many weeks of trial and error. I have figured out that if I record a show manually from the TV guide, everything works perfectly.
But if I let TVwishlist schedule it for me, I will only get the skip marker from the beginning to that moment and it will not monitor the EDL file for changes.

I have no clue what the difference is between the two ways of scheduling and why it would make a difference on the playback. But at least it works perfect now.

Krokusmtl

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I wanna try this new feature but I'm on 1.7.1 Hotfix and I don't want to update. Where can I download the necessary files?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I have to install 1.9 Pre Release and then I can use this Live Commercial Skip feature? Or can I install 1.9 Final oder 1.10 final too?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So I have to install 1.9 Pre Release and then I can use this Live Commercial Skip feature?
    Yes, since the installer from first post is based on 1.9 Pre Release, so you should use that.

Or can I install 1.9 Final oder 1.10 final too?
    That will only work when you compile MediaPortal yourself (and merge the MP1-4210 branch to your local master.)

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yesterday I recorded "Men in Black 2" and began to watch it a few minutes later. Comskip run in the background and marked the commercials. The interesting thing is: comskip didn't find most of the commercials. Attached the corresponding file parallel.txt.
    A few minutes ago I run comskip again (with the same comskip.ini file) and the same movie "Men in black 2". Attached the file afterwards.txt
    Comskip has now found much more better the commercials.

Attachments

• Men in Black II afterwards.txt
      123 bytes
    • Men in Black II parallel.txt
      99 bytes

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did someone had the same issues? I can't understand why comskip doesn't find the commercials at the same position. I would like to have this feature "Live Commercial Skip" running.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did someone had the same issues?
    I've noticed similar results with Live skip.

I would like to have this feature "Live Commercial Skip" running.
    Don't hold your horses on it, since current status is that it won't be implemented. The only way we will include this work, is if someone is able/willing to create a plugin for it.

I think this thread needs to be closed, since nobody is working on this at the moment.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've never used/tried the MePo live-skip option, but sounds like this is a "how to tune comskip.exe" question. Suggest looking at the comskip web page, release history section, setup/readme, and forums to see if there are ways to improve/tune live comskip detection.

http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/

http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/index.php

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I don't suppose anyone could make an installer based on the current mediaportal 1 version? - my build/git knowledge is pretty poor! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom