MP-4210 Live Commercial Skip (1 Viewer)

krokusmtl

Portal Member
April 22, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I would just like to thank everybody involved in this project.

I have been playing around with this for a couple a weeks now and it works flawlessly.

Originally I had major issues with comskip cutting at the wrong place but after reverting back to an older version everything was perfect.

I now record a show, start watching it 10 or 20 min. into it and it skip all the commercial. It is perfect to watch hockey or golf.

I hope this could get implemented in future releases.

Keep it up.

krokusmtl

Portal Member
April 22, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just installed 1.9 Pre and unlike the 1.7 Version, I have some difficulties with it.

Last night, schedule hockey, start watching about 30 min into it, the commercial already past where all there but all future one would not skip unless I would stop the playback (Not the recording) and start again. It never used to do that.

Not the first time this happens.

Any Idea?

Thanks Again.
Krokusmtl

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any Idea?
    You have the option in MP Config >> Videos enabled?
    upload_2014-10-14_13-37-4.png

krokusmtl

Portal Member
    April 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes I do. It feels like it doesn't go and check the EDL file once the playback has started.

Regards,
    Krokusmtl

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes I do. It feels like it doesn't go and check the EDL file once the playback has started.
    Strange. I'm running this for months now without issues.

I assume you can see the Commercials when you press INFO on your remote (or Y on keyboard)?
    Could you attach the .edl file that comes with this recording?

krokusmtl

Portal Member
    April 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have been trying to reproduce it all morning to no avail. Could it have something to do with the length of the recording or something else.
    Last night the EDL file was populating but I could only see the early commercials. Stopping the playback and restarting would bring all the skip mark to that point.

Anything I should check if it happens again during the next hockey game?

Thanks again for your help. That feature makes Mediaportal just awesome and would love to have it working again perfectly.

Attachments

• Hockey LNH - SE - Canadiens de Montréal à Lightning de Tampa Bay1.txt
      360 bytes

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could it have something to do with the length of the recording or something else.
    Don't think so. I've recorded 4-5 hour Dart sessions last week without issues.

Anything I should check if it happens again during the next hockey game?
    Based on the attached file i would check your ComSkip configuration file. You've attached a .txt file and not an .edl

Open your comskip.ini file and search for 'output_edl=1'. If you can't find it, it's probably set to 0 (which would explain the .txt output instead of .edl) and then you need to change it to =1 so the .edl is created instead of the .txt

Another line you need in your comskip.ini is 'live_tv=1', so check that also while you have the file open ;)

krokusmtl

Portal Member
    April 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After a week of trying different things and 3 hockey games, I am exactly where I was and even more confused on what to do, to make it work again.

Last night, I started watching “Hockey LNH - SE - Red Wings de Détroit à Canadiens de Montréal.ts” at 19:59:18 which was scheduled to be recorded at 19:30. Everything is good, the commercials are loaded up and I can see the skip marks when I pause or press Y.

20:17:31 Commercial skip

20:23:12 Commercial skip

20:30:12 A commercial but no skip. Press pause, no marks. Press Stop then Play. Skip marks are back

20:30:38 Skips right over the Commercial.

20:38:40 Commercial Skip.

20:46:25 Commercial Skip.

20:50:54 Commercial Skip.

20:52:43 Commercials but no skip. Stop then play again but this time the new marks are not loaded and the playback becomes almost unwatchable because of stuttering and tearing at the bottom .

21:22:10 Stopped the recording and restarted manually.

21:25:03 back to watching the game. All the skip marks are back.

21:29:08 Commercial Skip.

21:41:57 Commercial Skip

21:45:13 Commercial Skip

21:47:23 The original schedule recording stopped.

21:47:30 Started watching the manual recording “Hockey LNH - RDS HD - 2014-10-21.ts”

That recording worked perfectly and skipped every commercial.

One thing I noticed looking through the log and comparing the two recording.

“g_player.commercialFileWatcher_Changed” is only present in the second recording. And I am trying to figure out why. The only difference is one was scheduled and the other was done manually from the TV Guide. Could that be it?

I tried updating to the new Comskip.exe Donator version
    but only version 0.81.052 and prior are skipping commercial at the right place the newer version skips all over the place. What version are you using?

I attached the logs and files I tough could be relevant. If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks again for the help. You have no idea how much it is appreciated.

Krokusmtl

Attachments

• Hockey LNH.zip
      799 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom