MP Client 'memory leak on playing Analog Radio and Analog TV via TV Plugin' (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.1
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: Client: AMD Geode NX1750
    HDD: WD Caviar SE16 SATA II 500GB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: Client: Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX
    Video Card: Client: Sparkle GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    Sound Card: Onkyo USB DAC in amplifier
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Windows default (USB speakers)
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
    1. TV Card Type: analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 060413 Amity2 2.0.43.24103 (WHQL Signed)
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Intervideo WinDVD 9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC-HC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Custom made
    Cooling: 1 CPU cooler
    Power Supply: External 80Watts
    Remote: ATI Remote Wonder
    TV: 7" Touch screen, Samsung LE32S72B
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

As reported before in SVN threads, but this time with clean install of MP 1.0.1 and default codecs (other codecs like SAf uninstalled)

!!Multi seat environment!!

1. start MP
    2. start TV
    [on tv server I can see TV channel being started]
    3. I here sound but no video
    4. memory usage increases rapidly unti (1 GB) out of memory (couple of seconds)
    5. MP crashes

Same for analog radio.

Watching a recording works perfectly?

Thanks for a wonderfull release and thanks in advance for looking into this.

regards,
    Ruud.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Is this only when using MPC & MPA codecs?

Regards
    Roy

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Is this only when using MPC & MPA codecs?

Regards
    Roy

Hi Roy,
    no, it is with all codecs (tried SAF with PowerDVD7, WinDVD 7, PowerDVD 9, even tried FFDshow).
    It is definitely in the TVplugin part because when I record a show it plays just fine with the installed codecs via my movies (via the TV plugin -> recordings: it does not).

Strange thing is also that when I pause radio or TV, the memory usage stops rising, when I unpause it start to increase again.
    Connecting with a MP 1.0 client (other PC) works perfectly on the same TV server, installing SVN or 1.0.1. replicates this issue on that client as well. Issue has started with the channel speed changes in SVN

Other observation is when I set userstp in the mediaportal.xml the TV will work, trying to watch a recording via the tvplugin / recordings with this setting will throw a codec error (although it doesn't say what codec). For radio this setting does not have any positive effect -> my conclusion is that usertsp does not work for the radio, this just uses the normal way of picking up the stream from the server.

So for me it is somewhere in the part where the stream (that is different when watching via my movies -> it is not streamed and is handled as a file that is being 'fed' into the codec) is handled on the TV client.....
    Graph building of the video goes wrong and the stream is 'blown' into memory (yeayea I know, I'm not a developer LOL)

Please note that when playing radio, it is also a combination of sound and video (you can check that via e.g. VNC, when tuning into the radio stream it also plays a TV station (TV station video with radio audio). I'm not sure how this works for DVB cards, but for the Hauppauge this is the case and should (as it was always) be handled by the TV plugin.

Please feel free to hook up with me for some testing / brainstorming / reflecting / etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there and am very eager to help out / give back to the community!

Thanks in advance,
    Ruud

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmmm, not sure & not able to reproduce the issue yet(but as you know we don't give up that easy ;) ) but sounds slike streaming(thats whats used with rtsp) causes issues.
    Have you tried to start a show on tv server & used VLC to show it via rtsp(if did, did you see the same problem)?

Regards
    Roy

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Hmmm, not sure & not able to reproduce the issue yet(but as you know we don't give up that easy ;) ) but sounds slike streaming(thats whats used with rtsp) causes issues.
    Have you tried to start a show on tv server & used VLC to show it via rtsp(if did, did you see the same problem)?

Regards
    Roy

Hi Roy,
    Please note I have a multi seat setup.
    problem is with TV plugin of MP 1.0 + svn and MP 1.0.1.
    When using MP 1.0 (without svn) it works (in combination with tvserver 1.0.1)

Running a stream from the TV server and picking this up from MP 1.0 client works perfectly (tried this for several hours)...

anyway now to your test: started on my TV server timeshifting (via TVsetup), on a client machine started VLC and connected to rtsp://192.168.1.200/stream2.0
    runs perfectly (just as MP 1.0)

anything else I can try to give you more information?

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    problem is with TV plugin of MP 1.0 + svn and MP 1.0.1.

TV client and server should always be the same version,
    so please retry with 1.0.1 on your client.

Hi Flokel,

Thanks. using the same version (so client 1.0.1 and TV server 1.0.1) is causing the issues. These started with the SVN where .net sp2 was needed (do not know the number of the SVN).
    The point I am trying to make is that the problem is not in the TV server (1.0.1) because this works perfectly with MP 1.0 on the client and (as just tested) VLC on the client.

regards,
    Ruud.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Thinking thinking, if you install MP 1.0.1(+ tvplugin) on client & use TSReader from MP 1.0(copy that one to MP root folder) what happens then?

Regards
    Roy

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Thinking thinking, if you install MP 1.0.1(+ tvplugin) on client & use TSReader from MP 1.0(copy that one to MP root folder) what happens then?

Regards
    Roy

Will try and report back ;)
    btw do I need to un / register the TSreader for this to work?
    regards,
    Ruud.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Nope, just replace it since it's already regged.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom