[Bug] MP crashes during recording playback (1 Viewer)

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Same issue for myVideo files (AVI) with MP 1.1.0 RC1 under XP SP3 and SAF 4 installed (PDVD9 used) -> after a while black screen, audio in loop and MP hangs.

We need to make sure that this is related to the problems with MSCORWKS.DLL. Do you remember if this was the case?

I don't have a crash! Just black sreen and audio loop and MP hangs -> I must kill MP process.

I gonna test again tonight, problem is that occurs after a while which could be long :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Crashed again, this time when I started playing a ripped DVD (Indiana Jones, ISO). Well, actually I only got to see the menu.

Only log-file updated recently before crash, is MediaPortal.log which I have attached. Nothing spooky in it, maybe besides PowerScheduler changing state.

But, on my laptop I haven't got PowerScheduler enabled, and this has also crashed a few times.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Crashed again, this time when I started playing a ripped DVD (Indiana Jones, ISO). Well, actually I only got to see the menu.

1) was MSCORWKS.DLL shown in the error report?
    2) were you using dshowhelper.dll that is posted into this thread?

If "no" to either one we are ignoring the report for now. Log doesn't give any info.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you mean dshowhelper? I have been through the thread a few times to double check and I can only see fontengine.dll and tsreader attachments :confused:

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

1) was MSCORWKS.DLL shown in the error report?

If "no" to either one we are ignoring the report for now. Log doesn't give any info.

1. Yes
    2. I don't see a dshowhelper.dll, but something with subtitles?

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Not sure this will help but, I'm in and out of sleep constantly and I've never had it crash. Knock on wood.

1) I always exit MediaPortal before putting my machine to sleep.
    2) I have very little mpeg2 content, and haven't played a single mpeg2 based file since I installed 1.1 RC1. But I will leave it running for many hours at a time as I play different H264 encoded TV. I'm in and out of files and skipping past opening credits constantly.

If you guys can give me a scenario to try and reproduce on my h264 only content I'll try it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Do you mean dshowhelper? I have been through the thread a few times to double check and I can only see fontengine.dll and tsreader attachments :confused:

fontEngine.dll indeed (we have only internal new version of the dshowhelper.dll, few long nights with debugger have corrupted my own memory pretty badly...)

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I see in the bugtracker that the problem is now solved. I just wanted to report that I have not had a single crash since I replaced fontEngine.dll, and I used to have it at least once a day. Thank you for your hard work on this issue.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I see in the bugtracker that the problem is now solved. I just wanted to report that I have not had a single crash since I replaced fontEngine.dll, and I used to have it at least once a day. Thank you for your hard work on this issue.

I'm afraid I was too quick to praise the change :) I had a crash again. But since I guess there are more changes than fontEngine that makes up the solution mentioned in the bugtracker I will have to wait for RC2 I guess to make any conclusions to if the problem is totaly solved on my setup.

Is there any chance of a "pre-release" for this issue alone?

Just to metioned it the crash yesterday followed the usual symptoms and refered to the same dll. But the first row in the crash dump was not reffering to BEX but to mediaportal.exe. Don't know if that is important.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is there any chance of a "pre-release" for this issue alone?

No, separating the fixes from SVN would require some extra work and RC2 is not that far away from, please have a look in Mantis' roadmap.

Just to metioned it the crash yesterday followed the usual symptoms and refered to the same dll. But the first row in the crash dump was not reffering to BEX but to mediaportal.exe. Don't know if that is important.

Please provide more information, since it sounds that the crash is a different issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom