[Bug] MP crashes during recording playback (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please test with following fontEnginde.dll. No promises that it will fix anything, but Arion did spot one possible reason for a buffer overflow.

Attachments

• fontEngine_test_for_hard_crash.zip
      30.7 KB

Arador

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2007
    North Queensland
    Home Country
    I think that NOT loading MS KB971633 was the key....but read on.

Hate to disappoint you Arador, this is effecting Vista\Win7 users as well, which the above update has no relation too.

Glad you seem to not be having the problems seen by others.
    Thanks for the feedback, point taken, but there was definitely something I did on my second build that fixed it for me. Now that I really think about it there were 3 possible things...

1. The KB 971633 as I said.
    2. I unlocked the SAF which I previously had not done.
    3. I loaded Dot Net 1.1, then the 1.1 SP1. This may be important as I know mscorwks.dll is in there. Dot Net 3.5 SP1 does include 2.0, but not 1.1.

It's worth a try?
    Cheers

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Running Win 7 I have:

Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 PS2
    Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5

I guess Win 7 ships with 3.5 as default?

Arador

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2007
    North Queensland
    Home Country
    As far as I know (I did some research) MS .Net 3.5 does not include 1.1, you need to install that seperately. Not sure why they did it that way. Try installing it, it can't hurt anything from what I understand.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    2. I unlocked the SAF which I previously had not done.
    3. I loaded Dot Net 1.1, then the 1.1 SP1. This may be important as I know mscorwks.dll is in there. Dot Net 3.5 SP1 does include 2.0, but not 1.1.

It's worth a try?
    Cheers

I have .NET 1.1 SP1 installed but still get the crashes. I don't use SAF (and I don't know what unlocking SAF means). I have applied the new fontengine. Will report back how it behaves.

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I have also got crash with mscorwks.dll. I do not use HTPC for TV, just watching movies/videos (H.264, DVD, XVID, MPEG1, etc.).

Since I am still new to MP, I use it just few hours a day (still doing much more configuration/installation/importing movies than watching), but got the error several times already.

This is a one from today. The screen went black during a playback of MPEG1 video for a few seconds (but I don't remember looping audio, just a pop and crashed to desktop). It was just a short clip (~2mins) and it crashed just before the end.
    Code:
    Faulting application MediaPortal.exe, version 1.0.5.25080, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 2.0.50727.3607, fault address 0x0025a6be.

Got exactly the same error on Thursday, but can't remember, what I was watching (probably not MPEG1, as I have really few of them. Most probaly H.264 MKV file).

I have WinXP, MP 1.1.0 RC1, B&W 1.4 skin. Using Arcsoft Video Decoder for MPEG2, Cyberlink PDVD9 for H.264, AC3Filter for MPEG/AC3 audio and ffdshow for AAC.

Let me know, if you need further info/details.

zanlation

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    I have WinXP, MP 1.1.0 RC1, B&W 1.4 skin. Using Arcsoft Video Decoder for MPEG2, Cyberlink PDVD9 for H.264, AC3Filter for MPEG/AC3 audio and ffdshow for AAC.

Try a different MPEG2 decoder. I found that when I used the Arcsoft video decoder it would crash MP randomly and often. When I use PDVD9 for MPEG2 it is very solid.

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Try a different MPEG2 decoder. I found that when I used the Arcsoft video decoder it would crash MP randomly and often. When I use PDVD9 for MPEG2 it is very solid.

And did the crash point to mscorwks.dll?

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Same issue for myVideo files (AVI) with MP 1.1.0 RC1 under XP SP3 and SAF 4 installed (PDVD9 used) -> after a while black screen, audio in loop and MP hangs.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Same issue for myVideo files (AVI) with MP 1.1.0 RC1 under XP SP3 and SAF 4 installed (PDVD9 used) -> after a while black screen, audio in loop and MP hangs.

We need to make sure that this is related to the problems with MSCORWKS.DLL. Do you remember if this was the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom