MP Extensions not responding after moving to 1.18.0 Final!! (Logs now included) (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As it says....MP Extensions won't open, and I've just gone to 1.18.0 Final.
Would logs help.....and if so, which 'level' (type?) of log should I post?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Maybe loag will not help but for sure nothing bad will happen if you post them ;)
    Debug logs alwaus better.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had the same problem, turned out that Windows Defender detected a Trojan in the MP Extensions Manager code. I'm hoping it is a false positive because I allowed and restored it after which it worked. Check Windows Defender or whatever AV program you are using for this. Also see here for further info.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    ....still not working....here are logs. Attempted to run at 17.09 / 17.10 h.
    You don't have Extensions plugin installed according to logs... Or you're talking about standalone application? It doesn't have logs. :oops:
    In addition to what joecrow said I could suggest to check if plugins database is ok
    All xml files from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2 should be vievable in browsers.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Thanks Chaps.....tried reinstalling 1.18.0 Final....and this time, Extension Manager is working...:)

All's well that ends well??

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Problem now has recurred....and this time...not corrected by reinstalling 1.18.0 Final as before.... :(

You don't have Extensions plugin installed according to logs... Or you're talking about standalone application? It doesn't have logs. :oops:
    In addition to what joecrow said I could suggest to check if plugins database is ok
    All xml files from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2 should be vievable in browsers.

Edalex....yes I was talking about the standalone application!
    Not sure what I should be looking for in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2 should be vievable in browsers'

Be gentle with me!!! :)

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    I had the same problem. Windows defender found MPECore.dll as a trojan. I installed 1.18 pre and it was fine again. Waiting for a fix or a new "pre".

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Problem now has recurred....and this time...not corrected by reinstalling 1.18.0 Final as before.... :(

Edalex....yes I was talking about the standalone application!
    Not sure what I should be looking for in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2 should be vievable in browsers'

Be gentle with me!!! :)
    Problem can't occurred without any reason. You must be changed smth.:oops: Defender/Anti-virus is a good suggestion.
    As for viewable files I talked about Known_Extensions.xml and InstalledExtensions.xml
    BTW if something wrong with standalone application in your setup you could try its GUI version - Extensions plugin Extensions
    I had the same problem. Windows defender found MPECore.dll as a trojan. I installed 1.18 pre and it was fine again. Waiting for a fix or a new "pre".
    I thought we recommend to add Mediaportal folder as exception to all your anti-virus software. MPECore.dll doesn't contain trojan unless you've downloaded MediaPortal from some unknowm sites. :cautious:

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    I always download from team-mediaportal.com which redirects to sourceforge. But nevermind that. I just reinstalled 1.18 final and now it seems fine.
    Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread