MP flickering when creating photo thumbnails in My pictures (1 Viewer)

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'm doing more tests and i'm experiencing some hangups when browsing photos also, pressing next, then previous or rotating pictures sometimes causes MP to freeze (but the program keeps running in background because i have sound feedback when pressing left or right keys). I can't get the flickering issue happens again, but i keep testing... I think that picture browsing needs to be revised because i feels that is a bit unstable yet...

best regards,

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Tested yesterday with from fullscreen, hit next until 400 pictures was browsed, no lag @ all, so when you experience something weird post it here with log attached (mediaportal.log) & maybe someone else has the same problem or we can find something that triggers it....................

Regards
    Roy

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I forgot to say that i'm using ken burns effect in pictures. I don't know if it is related with the bugs...

regards,

I'm testing right now. I've opened a folder with 630 pictures, almost all pictures are 10 Mpix (between 4 and 13 Mb each photo). MP starts creating thumbnails, but the process goes slow and slow every moment. After a few minutes MP is almost unusable, opening a picture takes around 1 minute, and it feels like MP hangs, but looking at the task manager i can see that MP is working and using 100% CPU power, if i wait, after a few minutes it comes back. I've noticed also that when rotating a picture (that sometimes takes 10-20 seconds) there is no spinning hourglass, and it looks like MP is freeze.

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Right now MP has hanged up while closing a opened picture in fullscreen. I have had to kill the task to close MP. It's not the flickering thing, but i think that it's a bug too, so here are the log files...

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Attached is the log files right after the flickering issue happens. I'm using SVN 15506, i think that it's related to this entry in log file:

2007-08-12 20:40:47.109375 [ERROR][MPMain]: render exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
    en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.Calculate()
    en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.Render(Single timePassed)
    en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIThumbnailPanel.RenderItem(Single timePassed, Int32 iButton, Boolean bFocus, Int32 dwPosX, Int32 dwPosY, GUIListItem pItem, Boolean buttonOnly)
    en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIThumbnailPanel.Render(Single timePassed)
    en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl.Render(Single timePassed)
    en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGroup.Render(Single timePassed)
    en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

As i told before, i'm doing the test in a folder with +600 pictures in 10Mpix and this bug happens after some time (5-10mins) browsing the pictures.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Please test this again with a revision from 15570 & up, Bavarian has fixed another bug in the renderer so if we're lucky this one it's fixed too ;)

Regards
    Roy

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ok, i'll test it again and report here with results...

regards.

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm testing with SVN build 15586. For the moment i'm not getting the flickering bug... but i can confirm the bug with VERY SLOW response when loading pictures while mp is generating thumbnails in the same folder in background. I'm almost sure that the problem is related with mp multithread system. If i open a folder containing 600 pictures in high res (10Mpix) then mp starts generating the thumbnails... i open a picture in full screen pressing enter key, then i close it, and i open another one... repeating that procedure again and again every time mp takes more time when opening pictures, until after some pictures it's almost unusable... it takes around 1 minute or more for opening a simple picture. while mp is opening the picture there is no progress feedback and also you can't cancel the process pressing ESC or any other key... you must wait A LOT of time and it's like if mp was hanged up...

if could be interesting if anyone can confirm this problem...

regards,

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    This was only a fix for this issue which is MP flickering, the slow response when creating thumbs it's something we have to check further & maybe only a rebuild of parts of the code can fix it, so far i dunno yet, but the flickering should be gone (the same error as you had in the log i had on another place & was fixed & it was an overall in MP fix)

Regards
    Roy

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ok, i'm sorry for mixing another issues in this thread, may be that i should start another one for this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom