MP Freezes at end of song when now playing is selected (2 Viewers)

B

BassFan

I had the same problem after upgrading from MP 1.3. After a couple of hours trying different things, I found disabling visualizations fixed it.

work by me with and without ...
@Sebastiii @BassFan :)
Any idea or maybe WIP fix already ok for this ?

from the log i can see only..
[2014-04-23 21:20:19,544] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - BASS: Creating visualization...
[2014-04-23 21:20:19,548] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Visualization Manager: Closing current visualization plugin...
[2014-04-23 21:20:19,549] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Visualization Manager: Visualization plugin close not required - nothing loaded
[2014-04-23 21:20:19,550] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Visualization Manager: Creating new Windows Media Player visualization...
[2014-04-23 21:20:19,553] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Visualization Manager: Initializing WMP visualization...
[2014-04-23 21:20:19,589] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Visualization Manager: WMP visualization initialization succeeded.

i will check this after 1.8 Pre-released are available.
i will not work on a build where my fixed for WMP not include.

and in Error Log..
[2014-04-23 21:20:18,940] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Impossibile caricare la DLL 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll': Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

Also use other Visualization instead of WMP Plugin then it should work.

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Sure this is why I ask you if it can be fixed when the wmp fix ;) best will be to provide an installer for test

B

BassFan

Sure this is why I ask you if it can be fixed when the wmp fix ;) best will be to provide an installer for test

my Problem..

i never used *.flak files with MP
    i never use any of LCD.. Drivers (DLL)
    i can not see is this Problem appears only with WMP or with other Visualization also
    i can not see this Problem appears without LCD Plugins also..
    i can not see is this a Problem with wrong Resolution of any SkinEngine for Visualization Container to.
    and so on! ;)

greets

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Country flag

my Problem..

i never used *.flak files with MP
    i never use any of LCD.. Drivers (DLL)
    i can not see is this Problem appears only with WMP or with other Visualization also
    i can not see this Problem appears without LCD Plugins also..
    i can not see is this a Problem with wrong Resolution of any SkinEngine for Visualization Container to.
    and so on! ;)

greets

If you can help, add some info:
    • I also tried to disable MiniDisplay plugin, but nothing changed
    • I have almost all files .flac on the NAS, but I can try to see if it also happens with other formats (mp3, wav)
    • as Visualization I use only "Alchemy" of WMP.. In fullscreen should be fine, but from MP1.6 I noticed that in some skin, where it is displayed in a frame (eg. with the control ID=112 in MyMusicPlayingNow.xml or with controls type VideoWindow in MusicOverlay.xml) the visualization does not respect the size of the control and displayed in full screen o_O

thanks for your help

B

BassFan

@nicsergio respect the size of the control and displayed in full screen
    that is fixed not used in current 1.7 release, should then be in 1.8 pre-release
    no understand, what has this to do with freeze of MP at end of song.

greets

B

BassFan

I had the same problem after upgrading from MP 1.3. After a couple of hours trying different things, I found disabling visualizations fixed it.

Thank you very much!!!
    disabling only check "Show visualization" everything seems to work fine! :):)

View attachment 149403

I thought the check would serve to enable the visualization in fullscreen, however I see that this continues to work.. :D

Forget it! that has nothing to do with Visualization :D:D:D:D :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :p LOL ;)

greets

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi :)
    Attached is the fix from BassFan with other playback change.
    Could you try with regression testing (stop/start song/internet stream etc.) with viz enable/disable ?

Ps : the bin is against 1.7.0 Final.

Attachments

• Common.GUIPlugins_MP_Freeze.zip
      63.1 KB · Views: 96
    B

BassFan

Hi :)
    Attached is the fix from BassFan with other playback change.
    Could you try with regression testing (stop/start song/internet stream etc.) with viz enable/disable ?

Ps : the bin is against 1.7.0 Final.

works by me no freeze or other probem..

greets

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    On my side i can trigger the freeze even with the change, so need to look more deeply :)

Users who are viewing this thread