MP goes into Standby while watching pictures / slideshow (1 Viewer)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll try to get the full debug logs. Thanks.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Here are the logs with MP log set to Debug, and TVserver set to 'Extensive'

Power scheduler is set to suspend (standby) after 10 minutes of no activity.

Started playback of recorded TV show.

10 minutes later, computer goes to standby.

If there is something I'm suppose to do to prevent this, I'd appreciate knowing what it is.

Thanks.

Attachments

• streaming server.zip
      3.7 KB
    • TsReader-2010-10-21.zip
      12.1 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here are the logs with MP log set to Debug, and TVserver set to 'Extensive'

Power scheduler is set to suspend (standby) after 10 minutes of no activity.

Started playback of recorded TV show.

10 minutes later, computer goes to standby.

If there is something I'm suppose to do to prevent this, I'd appreciate knowing what it is.

Thanks.

Have you enabled PowerScheduler plugin in TVServer setup and also in MP Configuration? It needs to be done for both.

Mark

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    From logs it seems you've not enabled powerscheduler plugin in MP. As said by Mark, it must be enabled not only in TVServer but also in MP.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    From logs it seems you've not enabled powerscheduler plugin in MP. As said by Mark, it must be enabled not only in TVServer but also in MP.

That makes a lot of sense.

PowerScheduler for TVServer is looking for lack of activity on server. PowerScheduler for client is looking for lack of activity on client.

Mark

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Yep -- you guys are right. Thanks very much.

Setting the standby wait in 2 places makes sense, since client and server can be on different machines.

What I don't understand is how setting it in both places causes the machine (with both client and server) to NOT go to standby?!?!

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yep -- you guys are right. Thanks very much.

Setting the standby wait in 2 places makes sense, since client and server can be on different machines.

What I don't understand is how setting it in both places causes the machine (with both client and server) to NOT go to standby?!?!

Please post logs ;);)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    You already told me how to fix my 'problem'. Now I'm just asking a question --

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    You already told me how to fix my 'problem'. Now I'm just asking a question --

Sorry but your sentence is not clear for me... if you configure both powerscheduler plugin in MP client and in tvserver and set for instance that the machine should go in suspend mode after 10 minutes, the machine should do this. If not there's something wrong and that's why I asked for logs... :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Assuming you are not reporting a new bug here, the explanation is basically what I described above.

When you are running a slideshow, you are using the MediaPortal client. Therefore you need to configure PowerScheduler for the client. When you do this, if MP is active the computer will not go to standby.

Previously you had only configured PowerScheduler for the server part, which did not check the MP client or any other activity, so it would still put the computer into standby.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom