MP randomly crashing.... (1 Viewer)

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For no reason MP has started crashing at random times. I'd appreciate someone peeking at my logs and offering an opinion. THANKS in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nothing starts crashing for no reason... ;)
    Looking at your log files now; will get back to you in ~5 minutes.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First, I should have said thank you for reporting the problem and for providing log files - it's much appreciated. (y)

According to your Windows application event log, the crashing (which started on 2 Jan) appears to be caused by the InfoService plugin:
    [collapse]
    "1/6/2016 7:14:25 PM";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
    Stack:
    at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
    at InfoService.Feeds.FeedUpdater.FWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
    ";"1026"
    "1/6/2016 7:14:26 PM";"Application Error";"Application Crashing Events";"Error";"Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x55885126 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbdf Exception code: 0xe0434352 Fault offset: 0x0000b727 Faulting process id: 0xb6c Faulting application start time: 0x01d148cd71e2e03f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: 9be2d3be-b4d3-11e5-92ac-001cc0ccce12";"1000"
    "1/6/2016 7:50:01 PM";"Windows Error Reporting";"(0)";"Information";"Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: CLR20r3 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: mediaportal.exe P2: 1.12.0.0 P3: 55885126 P4: InfoService P5: 1.7.4.0 P6: 567bf4a9 P7: 191 P8: 0 P9: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB P10: Attached files: These files may be available here: C:\Users\BigBlue\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_mediaportal.exe_3e42c95a33ed3abcb6a6b33cdbbf23ddd955388_020f6992 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 9be2d3be-b4d3-11e5-92ac-001cc0ccce12 Report Status: 0";"1001"[/collapse]

So, the solution would be to either disable the plugin or report the problem to the plugin developer(s)/maintainer(s). In this case it appears there is also a recent update available. I'm not sure if the update is intended to solve this problem, but it could well be worth trying before doing anything else.

Hope that helps. :)

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Appreciate the quick response!

Please remind me, IIRC the infoservice plugin is mainly for rss and Twitter feeds? I do have an RSS feed, but would disabling the plugin affect anything else?

Thanks again!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please remind me, IIRC the infoservice plugin is mainly for rss and Twitter feeds?
    Yes I think so, but to be honest I've never used the plugin myself so I don't know for sure.

I do have an RSS feed, but would disabling the plugin affect anything else?
    If you're right about the function/purpose of the plugin then I would answer: no, nothing else should be affected by disabling it.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks @mm1352000 and i can confirm that i have same error before upgrading to the latest version :)

Users who are viewing this thread