Mp restarts when scrolling down list of films (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    When scrolling down the list of films in MovingPictures, when I come to a particular film it will freeze for a few seconds then MP restarts itself. It always happens on the same film in the list. Could it be some sort of corruption in the MP database? And if so, how would I go about fixing it?
    Logs attached if it helps (run from WatchDog, went into MovingPictures, scrolled down list until it restarted).

Attachments

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Looks like there might be something wrong with your skin fonts. You could try re-installing the skin you are using and then restart your computer. If that fails to fix the problem then try a different skin e.g. Titan, PurevisionHD, StreamedMP...

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Country flag
    Thanks, I've just updated MP to the new release - would that have replaced the font files? I can't reboot now because it's recording something, but will try later and let you know if it's any better. If that fails, is there a better way to reinstall the skin? (I'm using the normal DefaultWide)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    The DefaultWide skin is no longer maintained so I would choose another default like Titan

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Country flag
    Same thing happens with Titan. Sorry...
    Any other ideas I could try? It definitely always happens on the same film (happens to be RED 2), which is what made me initially suspect a database problem or corruption.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    horned_reaper [solved] 5012: Restart current music track General Support 13
    Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
    RoChess Random GPU crash leads to MePo restart, but works fine afterwards MediaPortal 1 14
    HTPCSourcer [Finished] [MP2-793] 'Restart MP2' as additional option in shutdown menu Archive 6
    N [will not fix] Changed settings do not take effect until MP2-Client is stopped and restarted. Submit: Bug Reports 4
    B [further infos missing] Install failed Exit code: 0xfff7, restarting: No 2.2 Archive 1
    D Windows tasks to restart TV Server General 2
    S MP restarts after 10-30 sec - how to read error logs General Support 1
    K MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-763] Interface configuration for RTSP streaming server lost on every restart Older releases 6
    123vak123 [solved] 5008: The problem with scrolling text in the "listcontrol" in 4K General Support 22
    CyberSimian [fixed] MP1-4990 : Improve horizontal scrolling in the EPG MediaPortal 1 10
    B [solved] MP2.2.3 TV Guide not scrolling with mouse wheel General 2
    T Media source share drill down not working General 2
    O Want to move 21:9 video down to the screen bottom Watch / Listen Media 1
    Lehmden TeamCity page down? Online Facilities 4
    T MCE remote double keypress up and down General 1
    Top Bottom