[solved] Mp restarts when scrolling down list of films (2 Viewers)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When scrolling down the list of films in MovingPictures, when I come to a particular film it will freeze for a few seconds then MP restarts itself. It always happens on the same film in the list. Could it be some sort of corruption in the MP database? And if so, how would I go about fixing it?
    Logs attached if it helps (run from WatchDog, went into MovingPictures, scrolled down list until it restarted).

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_03_12_18__13_44.zip
      2 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks like there might be something wrong with your skin fonts. You could try re-installing the skin you are using and then restart your computer. If that fails to fix the problem then try a different skin e.g. Titan, PurevisionHD, StreamedMP...

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Thanks, I've just updated MP to the new release - would that have replaced the font files? I can't reboot now because it's recording something, but will try later and let you know if it's any better. If that fails, is there a better way to reinstall the skin? (I'm using the normal DefaultWide)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The DefaultWide skin is no longer maintained so I would choose another default like Titan

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Same thing happens with Titan. Sorry...
    Any other ideas I could try? It definitely always happens on the same film (happens to be RED 2), which is what made me initially suspect a database problem or corruption.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I'm reviving this old thread in case anybody might have any other ideas. Same thing is still happening and does not go away with different skins like Titan. I've removed some films from around where it crashes in case it was a corrupt database record, but it still crashes at around the same place in the list. I can scroll down from the top of the list to the middle of the "R"s, or up from the bottom to the same point, but not past it in either direction. There is no film that cannot be displayed - there just seems to be an invisible barrier between one entry and the next that can't be scrolled past. Very weird. New logs attached just in case - any new suggestions will be most welcome :)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_04_01_21__10_10.zip
      957.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom