mp slower startup after update to 1.6 (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.5.0

Description
    I know this is never a good description but after updating my systems to mp 1.6 my client takes really more time for the startup then it did before.
    The message "starting plugins" appears for something like 15 seconds which was definitely less with 1.5.
    I did a clean install on both, server and client. I've got Win7 64bit running on both machines and attached all logs.
    I hope someone can find something out.

By the way: this bug report form won't allow mp version 1.6 therefore I chose 1.5.
    Of course this has to be 1.6...

Steps to Reproduce:
    start mp - that's it
    One thing I could add though: At first I started right onto the home screen which did not take as much time if I remember that right but it took quite a time to switch to tv guide then, more then it used to. Now that I start right into the guide I think the startup is longer then with the first method.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Can you reproduce this every time? E.g. every time you restart MP on client it takes more than 10 seconds to start?

Try disabling all plugins. Titan Update cannot be disabled but in that case go to it's configuration and disable are automatic stuff.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for starting the report (y)

From your log files, MP starts at this time:
    [2014-01-07 23:34:42,998] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Using alternate configuration file: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\MPTemp\MediaPortalTemp.xml

I think MP is done loading and starts loading the TV section here:
    [2014-01-07 23:34:46,882] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome:OnLoaded

Splash screen is hidden here:
    [2014-01-07 23:35:08,488] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - D3D: Stopping splash screen thread

According to your settings you don't have TV set to auto turn on. Therefore my understanding is that this is you starting to watch Das Erste:
    [2014-01-07 23:35:13,748] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): View channel=Das Erste HD

Note: on your server that tune request is received here:
    [2014-01-07 23:35:20,047] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find free card for channel Das Erste HD
    ...so there is a time difference of about 7 seconds.

One obvious timeline gap:
    [2014-01-07 23:34:46,882] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - ChannelNavigator: ctor()
    [2014-01-07 23:35:07,178] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected

Do you have IPv6 enabled on your network adaptor?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After suffering another problem I will now install everything on a clean win7 again and see if these problems persist.
    As for now I am suprised that it takes 7 seconds to start tv because that doesn't seem to me that long.
    And no, now as you point this out, I have to admit that I haven't enabled IPv6 yet.
    I will report how it turns out after having reinstalled everything.

Edit: I had IPv6 enabled!

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Also be precise where you see the "slowness"

a) MP Startup
    b) Entering TV plugin
    c) Turn TV on
    e) something else

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also be precise where you see the "slowness"
    Depends... ;)
    Depends on how I set up the startup parameters of mp.

Here's something that should narrow it down. As I said in an earlier post there is a difference between the startup behavior when
    mp is loading onto home screen or when it is loading directly onto tv guide.
    I checked the log from the very first start and that was supposed to start mp onto home screen. The startup was fast as ever
    but after I switched to tv guide it took 13 seconds before the tv guide came actually up.
    When I had my system set up to start directly into tv guido this delay was included into the whole startup time.
    That's what made it appear so slow.

[2014-01-08 18:24:29,566] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome:OnLoaded
    [2014-01-08 18:24:29,566] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - ChannelNavigator: ctor()
    [2014-01-08 18:24:42,998] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - ChannelNavigator::Reload()

The only question now is - how can I get rid of it?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got it!:D
    Disabling IPv6 did the trick!
    Thanks guys! (y)[DOUBLEPOST=1389203733][/DOUBLEPOST]Startup time from clicking mp icon to fully loaded tv guide: 4.6 sec :D

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is this something we can fix, does anyone know what's happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom