[solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels (1 Viewer)

WoodDK

March 28, 2020
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have been using MP 1 for years with no troubles. but in the last couple of days it sudden just crashes when starting live tv.
Using 2 dual DVBC tuners. TV preview in the TV server works with no problems.
logs are included.
When the stream is started you just hear 1 second of sound and then MP just dieds - after statting MP on looking under tv and streams it seems like the stream is still running...
I have tried to upgrade to MP 1.24 from 1.20 that did not help - running LAV decoders (same issue with MS decoders)

viewing on 4K.
Running Windows 10 1909 and MP 1.24.0
Using 2 Digital devices Cinec2t2 v7 cards

This is my first report/ask for help - let me know if I am missing anything...
Hope you can help me... wife and kids want the TV back :cool:

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_28_03_20__19_49.zip
    595.5 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have been using MP 1 for years with no troubles. but in the last couple of days it sudden just crashes when starting live tv.
    I have looked at your logs, but they don't mean much to me. However, although the "TV Server" log looks as though it was generated at DEBUG level, I can see no evidence that the MQ client log was generated at DEBUG level. So I would suggest setting the MQ client log level to DEBUG, re-running the test, and posting the logs here. (Use "MP Config" to set the MQ client log level.)

In a situation like this, I would ask: What has changed?
    • New software installed?
    • New hardware?
    • New 4K TV?
    • Hardware now faulty?
    • Windows updates?
    Since you are running Windows 10, a recent Windows 10 update might be the cause of the problem. It is supposedly possible to uninstall Windows updates, but I have never done that so I cannot tell you how to do it. But if you search on the internet, you can probably find some instructions. So uninstall the last four weeks of updates, and run your HTPC with no internet connection for a few days. If the problem vanishes, it provides a clue (but only a minor one).

I am saddened that Microsoft have made it impossible to disable Windows updates in the "Home" versions of Windows 10, which is why I still use Windows 7 (and intend continuing to use it until such time as I want new hardware that does not have Windows 7 drivers).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

WoodDK

March 28, 2020
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have repeated the steps with debug log level for both tvserver and mp.
    I use windows 10 pro. but there was no updates just prior to problem starting - there has been some after.

• New software installed?
      • no
    • New hardware?
      • no
    • New 4K TV?
      • no - same 4K since before christmas
    • Hardware now faulty?
      • no - and it works in TV-server preview og MP can record live TV just fine - its only related to viewing live tv and view recordet tv from within MP.
      • Recorded TV (TS file) can be played back without problems via windows 10 defaultbuilt in movie/tv player...
    • Windows updates?
      • only 2 months before and then after the problem started
    I really hope the logs now contains a clue to the problem:
    what i find is the following - but i have no idea on what it means....
    [2020-03-30 22:11:31,686] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TvFullScreen: init, playing True, player.CurrentFile D:\Timeshift\live15-0.ts.tsbuffer, TVHome.Card.TimeShiftFileName D:\Timeshift\live15-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2020-03-30 22:11:31,715] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: Repainting -> Playing, Frames: 50
    [2020-03-30 22:11:31,715] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - D3D: RecoverDevice()
    [2020-03-30 22:11:31,718] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: Der er fejl i programmet.
    -2005530508 (Unknown)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    ved MediaPortal.D3D.RecoverDevice() Message: Der er fejl i programmet. Site : Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr) Source : Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D Stack Trace: ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    ved MediaPortal.D3D.RecoverDevice()

hope anyone can help :)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_30_03_20__22_11.zip
      3.2 MB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    -2005530508 (Unknown)
    Code:
        // ERR_DEVICEHUNG indicates that the device that returned this code caused
        // the hardware adapter to be reset by the OS. Most applications should
        // destroy the device and quit. Applications that must continue should
        // destroy all video memory objects (surfaces, textures, state blocks etc)
        // and call Reset() to put the device in a default state. If the
        // application then continues rendering in the same way, the device will
        // return to this state.
        // Applies to Direct3D 9Ex only.
        ERR_DEVICEHUNG = -2005530508

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    [2020-03-30 22:11:31,715] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: Repainting -> Playing, Frames: 50
    I notice that you are using VMR9 as the video renderer. Although this is offered as a choice in "MP Config":

video_renderer.jpg

I believe that the MP default is EVR. Because the default is used by more people than the other choices, it is likely that the default has been better debugged, i.e. more likely to work without error.

You may have a specific reason for wanting to use VMR9, but as a test I would suggest switching to EVR for a day or two, to see if it makes a difference.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    And try unchecked "stop playback on removal audio" and may be turn on "Use workaround FCU blackscreen fix"...:whistle::):coffee:

WoodDK

March 28, 2020
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    PROBLEM SOLVE!!!
    The system is running on a lenovo thinkcentre and lenovo advantage software updated its drivers for the intel 4600 on friday - just uninstalled that driver update and problem seems to be fixed.
    So does that mean i wont be able to update driver ever or should i update again and try to change to EVR ?
    a note I have not set it to vmr 9 on my own... I have never tinkered with that.
    What are your recommendation - update driver and play around with vmr9 / evr and last the suggestions from ajs ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom