• MPTvClient 1.3.3 Source Code.rar
    55.7 KB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks a lot, was looking for this standalone tool a couple of days ago, just to find out it wouldnt work anymore :(.
    your version however works great :)

joxen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    any chans to compile this for linux ? how hard to make one for linux ?

im realy satisfied whith my mptvserver and vant to have this in my ubuntu netbook ..

cpsarros

Portal Member
    January 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The tech behind the tool is simple. Does not make usage of DirectX or RTSP libraries. So in theory it can be ported to linux platform (using mono). Practically it requires a fair amount of work and it will not work with “just a compilation task”.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it's easier to write something from scratch to get a TV player on Linux. With the MPExtended API you've already covered the communication with the TV Server, and if you use VLC as a player you don't have to worry about that either. It's not that hard, maybe I'll look into it sometime (if I find some time). You won't have such a slick user interface then, though.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I think it's easier to write something from scratch to get a TV player on Linux. With the MPExtended API you've already covered the communication with the TV Server, and if you use VLC as a player you don't have to worry about that either. It's not that hard, maybe I'll look into it sometime (if I find some time). You won't have such a slick user interface then, though.
    The time goes by..

Users who are viewing this thread