MP TV Series completely rebuilds database if my server crashes. (2 Viewers)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Had one of my media portal clients pack up while watching a movie, psu died, mytvseries db was been rebuilt when i next turned it back on, the other databases were ok like movingpictures etc

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Had one of my media portal clients pack up while watching a movie, psu died, mytvseries db was been rebuilt when i next turned it back on, the other databases were ok like movingpictures etc

It all depends on what files where open with data still needing to be written to them. That usually is the cause for corruption when computer suddenly stops (either from power failure, component failure, OS failure such as BSOD and finally a fatal exception in the program itself).

You can tweak OS and programs to some degree to limit this from happening, such as minimizing your write behind cache and other tweaks, and power failure can be compensated for with a UPS. Of course when hardware components die you are usually more fubared, and a lot of times have to rely on backups.

However there are plenty of SQLite methods available to repair and compress databases, but those tools can never guarantee they recovered 100% because any data is correct for them they only verify the database integrity is correct, so you still run a risk. Also be sure to scan your harddisk for journal and index corruption.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All true, and recreating the database is not a big deal, however in the context of this thread there is a reasonable chance it's the same issues been mentioned in previous posts.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What worked for me was checking 'keep references' next to Import path.

Just to add that following HomeY's suggestion to use "keep references" check box next to my UNC share in the TV-Series plugin configuration, seems to have worked and the issue has gone away.

Watch flags are surviving multiple reboots and sleeps. I have not yet had a chance to look at logs to see if the constant delete/add cycle has stopped.

I don't remember this "keep references" check box being there before, just the "removable" one. When did this get added?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't remember this "keep references" check box being there before, just the "removable" one. When did this get added?

"Issue 352: Changed behaviour of 'Keep reference to files no longer available' functionality. This is now import share dependent i.e can be enabled on one share and disabled on another, users should update setting from Import tab in configuration if setting previously was enabled."

This was introduced in v2.5.1: My TVSeries - 2.5 Release

flixxx

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2007
    The update solved my problem. I tested it by shutting down the server for about 20 minutes. i'm now running a more extensive test, the server has been down for a few hours. i'll report back soon/.

BTW this now works even better than the past versions. In the past when the server would go offline and come back i would see the entries twice. A quikc force local scan fixed that problem and none of the watched flags were reset (this is prior to your stable rls of jul 24). With this new update though it doesn't duplicate the content anymore.

Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom