MP TV Series completely rebuilds database if my server crashes. (1 Viewer)

Scooper

February 8, 2010
I got exactly the same. But my server doesn't even need to crash or reboot.
When my HTPC comes out of standby, the connection between my HTPC and fileserver may not be ready yet. Result? All watch flags gone.

This didn't happen on previous versions.

I will follow the issue on Google Code.

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007
No one has picked up my ticket on the google code.

In fact issue #435 was open on July 23rd for a similar problem and no one has actioned that either

I'm not confident this will be fixed. i'm reverting back to the older version of mptvseries

wagenveld

Portal Pro
June 14, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I use a startup script which creates the network drive before starting up MP:

Code:
@ECHO Off
NET USE Z: /delete
:MOUNT
echo Trying to mount...
NET USE Z: \\ds409\share
IF NOT EXIST z:\series goto TIMEOUT
echo Starting MediaPortal
start /MIN /B "MP" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
goto END
:TIMEOUT
timeout /T 30 /NOBREAK
goto MOUNT
:END

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
I have the same problem. I previously stored the database on the server aswell, but that caused TVSeries to fail to open the database if MP woke up too quickly from suspension.

lfs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2009
    I added a 20 second delay on MP startup (You find this delay option in the configuration ...General->Startup Delay) which solved this issue for me...both on reboot and resume.

Edit: oh, and I also use the "Restart MP on resume" option

flixxx

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2007
    Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.6.0 Stable Release [24-Jul-2010] [Requires MP 1.1.0+]

Hi Inker,

the new version of MP TV series database scheme seems to have a flaw if we lose network connectivity. It rebuilds the database completely once it reconnects to the network, removing all custom searches and flag watches.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004

Hi Inker,

the new version of MP TV series database scheme seems to have a flaw if we lose network connectivity. It rebuilds the database completely once it reconnects to the network, removing all custom searches and flag watches.

I know, I saw it on the issue tracker and the thread in the forum here. Yet nobody bothered to provide logs. I don't have a network, in fact I don't even have a HTPC right now, so until my magic crystal ball arrives we have to rely on logs.

flixxx

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2007

Hi Inker,

I know, I saw it on the issue tracker and the thread in the forum here. Yet nobody bothered to provide logs. I don't have a network, in fact I don't even have a HTPC right now, so until my magic crystal ball arrives we have to rely on logs.

I offered logs in the thread as well as the issue tracker, but no one bothered to reply telling me to send them. I won't go through all the trouble of getting the logs ready if no one is going to bother to have a look at them.

What logs do you need exactly? I'll clear them all replicate the problem and attach them.

P.S.: The issue tracker has trouble 435 open with what seems to me like the exact same problem, and the trouble has been accepted but no updates were provided on it.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi Inker,

I offered logs in the thread as well as the issue tracker, but no one bothered to reply telling me to send them. I won't go through all the trouble of getting the logs ready if no one is going to bother to have a look at them.

What logs do you need exactly? I'll clear them all replicate the problem and attach them.

P.S.: The issue tracker has trouble 435 open with what seems to me like the exact same problem, and the trouble has been accepted but no updates were provided on it.

I dont see where you offered to provide logs, but in any case. You have to understand that its like pulling teeth sometimes. The more info you provide on your own, the more likely someone will take a look at it. Don't offer to provide more info, provide all the info you possibly can right from the start. And attaching one log file certainly doesnt seem to be all that much trouble for you compared to a developer manually trying to reprocude and debugging the issue.
    99% of the time we only ever need the mp-tvseries.log, however its easier if you collect them all with the mp tool.

Thnx for the hint about issue 435 and 451 are the same, then I will merge them. It's not clear to me at this point that they are.

Lastly, try to understand that we all have rather limited time, and frankly any issue thats hard to track down, not very interesting and/or does not affect a dev personally gets to the bottom of the list. What you want to do is try to get your issue as high on our list as possible so that we want to look at it, and an attitude of "I'm not confident this will get fixed, I'm reverting", "OMG 10 days and its not fixed yet" and crossposting your problem to as many places as you can find will do the opposite.

It is your duty to bump it up the list by helping us. That being said, the issue is logged and we will get to it eventually.

PS: I have merged the threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom