MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash (1 Viewer)

psyko12

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Ok, I seem to have got to the bottom of it:

1) disabling the LCD driver made no difference, however, I got an error about mediainfo.dll saying that it wasn't able to run on windows when I tried to re-enable it.
2) I had extracted the .7z file on my Mac using StuffIt expanded (I like to keep my MP machine free from as many programs as possible), so I downloaded winzip and extracted the mediainfo.dll file there and got a different file size from the version I had extracted on my mac.
3) replaced the mediainfo.dll in the mp directory and hey presto everything works now.

Not sure what to do about the mediainfo.dll in the LCD driver directory though, at the moment I have gone back to the original file as when I looked at it's details it was copyright to SoundGraph, so I doubt it performs the same function as the open source mediainfo.dll.

Many thanks for your help (I've never like StuffIt on the Mac anyway!).

Damandan

Portal Pro
May 19, 2007
Tegelen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I installed the newest mediainfo.dll aswell and my problem seems to be solved by this.
Thanks a lot for the info...strange thing however that only MP TV-series seems to be affected by this problem. No such troubles with Moving Pictures.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Reason is a lot of TV program broadcasters do not follow the DVB standard, so discrepancies happen which mediainfo cannot cope with, DVD\BlRay rips do not suffer from this, hence TVSeries suffers more :(

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Frome, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any news on a fix for this? I'm still getting lots of crashes. I see a new mediainfo.dll has fixed it for a few people, where do I get this from?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Any news on a fix for this? I'm still getting lots of crashes. I see a new mediainfo.dll has fixed it for a few people, where do I get this from?

Download the 32-bit (yes even on 64-bit OS, because MediaPortal is 32-bit) DLL of MediaInfo.

Direct download link of v0.7.52 of the 32-bit DLL without installer

Then extract the MediaInfo.DLL file from this 7-zip file (if you do not have WinRAR or jZIP or 7-zip itself installed, then grab 7-zip for free as well from http:/www.7-zip.org/download.html) and overwrite the file in your MediaPortal program folder (same place mediaportal.exe resides in).

If you still have issues, then verify for sure your system does not have an active reference to other MediaInfo.DLL files, as it could lead to conflicts and probems. If you are lucky the mediaportal.log file will show you this, otherwise just search your system for the mediainfo.dll file.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep, problem still exists here aswell...logs will follow. (Of standalone configurator since that seems to be the cleanest log files to rule out other plugins)

Update: here are the logs. The MP-TVseries.exe seems to stop randomly when importing new episodes....can't see anything strange in the log files myself, maybe somebody else can help.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Unfortunately it still crashes using the new dll, any further ideas?

Ofc it crashes, original crash had/has nothing to do with MediaInfo. If it had anything to do, I would tell you that long time ago ;)

I haven't forgot about this, but I'm still puzzled in following the error scenario in the code. Will keep on looking..

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that this is NOT general "MP-TVSeries crashes" thread, so please refrain from hijacking unless you're certain that your error is similar/same as original reported and you're using test DLL posted. If you're uncertain what is causing your problems/crashes, I would suggest you open a new thread and it can be merged to this thread later, if it turns out that the cause is the same. :D

talcbaby

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    This also happens to me. didnt think of it before but it is only when i use tv series. i thought it was the new update of MP. i completely wiped MP from my pc, done a fresh install of all the latest software and still the same. BUT ALSO, for some strange reason, everytime i finish watching an episode, it deletes it self from MP, tho it is still on my hard drive and in tv series config.
    This is my log file if anyone could help

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash

..everytime i finish watching an episode, it deletes it self from MP, tho it is still on my hard drive and in tv series config.

This is maybe because you are in the wrong view. ("unwatched" view?) -> Switch to view "ALL".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom