MP-TVSeries v2.5.4 Stable Release [01-Jun-2010] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.1 Stable Release [23-Feb-2010]

I am running media portal 1.0.2 and installed mp-tvseries v.2.5.1.....on initial install the config runs and all is fine.....on followup attempts to get into the tv series config the following error is generated:

"Failed to locate assembly 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.4.25844, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end."

Please open a new thread in the main MP-TVSeries forum (so it doesn't get lost in this topic), and attach your debug-enabled log files (open MP-TVSeries config first and change log level from 'normal' to 'debug', as well as do the same for MediaPortal, as per my signature link), and then recreate the problem.

Even better would be to do this on the MP-TVSeries Google SVN, but forum will work if you are patient.

strich

March 3, 2010

download link is dead. will it be updated? i'd like to try this.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.1 Stable Release [23-Feb-2010]

another good feature could be autoplaying the episode after downloading the subtitle, or add a play button near the done button. :)

Already in there, just press enter once more after selecting OK. It's the same button, you know.

*sigh*

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Damien, I've enhanced the dutch language file a bit. Maybe you can include it.

Attachments

• nl.xml
      30.6 KB

ubela64

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Re : *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.1 Stable Release [23-Feb-2010]

hi,
    I have a question.
    you could create a function that erases the subtitle of one episode?
    Sometimes I have some episodes that have already an integrated subtitles. And when I downloaded a subtitle, by mistake, I can not erase it.
    I am sending you the latest version of fr.xml.

Attachments

• fr.xml
      30.6 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Ubela64, what you ask is possible. You can raise an enhancement request on the tracker.

nchopp

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I'm having some serious difficulties trying to import my Flashpoint episodes - just season one.

Naming format: Flashpoint - S01E01 - Scorpio.mkv

I've tried renaming it several different ways:

Flashpoint - S1E1 - Scorpio.mkv
    Flashpoint - S01E01.mkv

The goofy thing is, it, pulls up the screengrabs and info for the last four episodes just fine. It's the first nine that it won't grab. The episodes are all listed in theTVDB.com just fine.

It's had no problems importing my other series either. Error message:

...could not be matched online, check that the online database has the episode (which it does).

I'm running v.2.5.1 with MP 1.0.4.23491.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I'm having some serious difficulties trying to import my Flashpoint episodes - just season one.

Naming format: Flashpoint - S01E01 - Scorpio.mkv

I've tried renaming it several different ways:

Flashpoint - S1E1 - Scorpio.mkv
    Flashpoint - S01E01.mkv

The goofy thing is, it, pulls up the screengrabs and info for the last four episodes just fine. It's the first nine that it won't grab. The episodes are all listed in theTVDB.com just fine.

It's had no problems importing my other series either. Error message:

...could not be matched online, check that the online database has the episode (which it does).

I'm running v.2.5.1 with MP 1.0.4.23491.

Let me guess, you are running the import on "DVD Order", because when I view the "DVD Order" at TheTVDb, there is no info on first 9 episodes.

Flashpoint: Complete Episode List - DVD Order

The 'Aired' order however is perfectly maintained @ Flashpoint: Complete Episode List - Aired Order

So sign up at TheTVDb and correct all the DVD entries, or cave in and switch to Aired order.

nchopp

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Let me guess, you are running the import on "DVD Order", because when I view the "DVD Order" at TheTVDb, there is no info on first 9 episodes.

Flashpoint: Complete Episode List - DVD Order

The 'Aired' order however is perfectly maintained @ Flashpoint: Complete Episode List - Aired Order

So sign up at TheTVDb and correct all the DVD entries, or cave in and switch to Aired order.

Thank you - I didn't realize that was how TVDB ran, I'll get it edited on there. :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Thank you - I didn't realize that was how TVDB ran, I'll get it edited on there. :D

Just be careful to follow the correct format, or you will enrage other contributors/users quickly, and that results in shows getting locked after changes back and forth :D

See the problem goes back to the order of shows being changed by TV studios compared to the original vision of the producers/creators of the show. This is then sometimes fixed on a DVD release (which is more in control of the producers, depending on where ownership lies), and sometimes it is even shuffled around some more.

Due to the much larger size of contributers, you could use the Wikipedia overview to see the differences easier, as they keep track of a lot of that.

List of Flashpoint episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example you can see that production code 106 (as in Season 1, Episode 6) was adjusted during broadcast to become S01E03. The original 4th episode was adjusted into S01E10 even.

So just like you get those "Director's Cut" versions, sometimes the order of TV shows is fixed on DVD release (or it is kept the same to not confuse anybody). This is why TheTVDb has support for these different type of orderings. But the support relies on contributors to actually fill this in. By default the 'Aired Order' is used, because a show typically airs on TV before ending up on DVD. And this is why a lot of shows lack the DVD info, because nobody bothers to go back in to supplement/correct this information.

I do my best to contribute, but we need more people willing to do the same, so thanks for joining the effort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom