MP-TVSeries v2.5.4 Stable Release [01-Jun-2010] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

Just a minor FYI. I've built a completely new PC from scratch and installed MP 1.1 Beta and MP-TV Series v2.5.0. After scanning my TV library, I get the following errors:

- missing files ..\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\Video\VC-1.png, AAC 20.png, and AAC 51.png.

I also see a "ImageLoadFast threw an error" for a thumbnail file ..\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\High Stakes Poker\-langen-posters/79191-3.jpg (I typed that correctly, there IS a strange forward slash in the filename)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

- missing files ..\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\Video\VC-1.png, AAC 20.png, and AAC 51.png.
    This is because there are some missing logos in the last official StreamedMP release. These have been added to the StreamedMP SVN repository and will be available in the next official version of StreamedMP.

I also see a "ImageLoadFast threw an error" for a thumbnail file ..\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\High Stakes Poker\-langen-posters/79191-3.jpg (I typed that correctly, there IS a strange forward slash in the filename)
    Don't worry about the forward slash. My guess is that particular image is corrupt on your system. You can try deleting it manually and running another import to download the image again.

cyberlolo

Portal Member
    January 30, 2010

When i watch an episode till the end and then close my external player to return to mp, all texts and pictures exept the backdrop are gone. There is no list of episodes, or descriptions of them. I have to restart mp to get everything working again.
    The strange thing is, that if i start a video, and lets say after 5 minutes stop it again, everything is fine. The problem just appiers when i watch for a longer time.

Hope somebody can help.

system: windows 7 x64, mp 1.1.0 beta, MP-TVSeries v2.5.0, MPC-HC, streamedmp skin v0.9.601

Any help here, please?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

Don't worry about the forward slash. My guess is that particular image is corrupt on your system. You can try deleting it manually and running another import to download the image again.

Hi Damien,

it seems to me, that those errors are also caused when browsing the tree and there are missing bannerfiles:

00000001 - 15.02.2010 14:03:38 - ImageLoadFast threw an error
    00000001 - 15.02.2010 14:03:38 - ImageLoading threw an error: - Der Pfad hat ein ungültiges Format.

I would suggest to change the according logentry to something like "image not found in given path" - or even better have a protectioncode to only try to display the image, if it is there to avoid the "Imageloadfasterror".

Can you reproduce this behaviour (try a serie where there is no banner on thetvdb) and wnat me to create a bug entry for that?

regards,

Guzzi

ajrstoke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2010

Hello

I think I have a problem with this new version 2.5.0.924 as opposed to the previous release 2.3.3589. I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 x64 and have installed the latest svn snapshot. I then installed the latest version 2.5.0.924 and ran an import.

The problem I am having is that files on thetvdb which do not have an air date are not showing up in the GUI episode count. They show in the config utility as being imported and parsed ok but if you check the series information (an example being Battlefield (series ID 80204)) the titles are parsed correctly but the GUI will show no episodes next to the Battlefield title, i.e. number of episodes and number of episodes watched. If I click on the title and select a series I can see and play all the files so the application does know they are there but the episode count is not showing this.

Another example is 20th Century Battlefields (82165). This again showed 0 episodes in the GUI. I logged in and added the first episode air date. I then reimported and 20th Century battlefields episode count in the GUI is now 1.

As I recently changed OS and Mediaportal version I thought it may be this. But having re installed version 2.3.3589 the episode count again worked correctly.

Is this a bug or do I need to change some setting somewhere? For now I willl stick with version 2.3.3589 as it seems to work ok.

Thanks

Andy

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

The problem I am having is that files on thetvdb which do not have an air date are not showing up in the GUI episode count. They show in the config utility as being imported and parsed ok but if you check the series information (an example being Battlefield (series ID 80204)) the titles are parsed correctly but the GUI will show no episodes next to the Battlefield title, i.e. number of episodes and number of episodes watched. If I click on the title and select a series I can see and play all the files so the application does know they are there but the episode count is not showing this.

Another example is 20th Century Battlefields (82165). This again showed 0 episodes in the GUI. I logged in and added the first episode air date. I then reimported and 20th Century battlefields episode count in the GUI is now 1.

As I recently changed OS and Mediaportal version I thought it may be this. But having re installed version 2.3.3589 the episode count again worked correctly.

Hi ajrstoke, this is due to changes in the plugin only counting episode that have an airdate less than or equal to today. It probably should count episodes that contain no air-date but its better off it you just populate that info online anyway.

We have an issue on the tracker already that describes this: Issue 306 - Episode Counts do not take into account episodes with No Air Date

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

it seems to me, that those errors are also caused when browsing the tree and there are missing bannerfiles:

00000001 - 15.02.2010 14:03:38 - ImageLoading threw an error: - Der Pfad hat ein ungültiges Format.

I would suggest to change the according logentry to something like "image not found in given path" - or even better have a protectioncode to only try to display the image, if it is there to avoid the "Imageloadfasterror".

Can you reproduce this behaviour (try a serie where there is no banner on thetvdb) and wnat me to create a bug entry for that?

Thanks Guzzi, please do add a issue in our tracker.

ajrstoke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2010

Hi ajrstoke, this is due to changes in the plugin only counting episode that have an airdate less than or equal to today. It probably should count episodes that contain no air-date but its better off it you just populate that info online anyway.

We have an issue on the tracker already that describes this: Issue 306 - Episode Counts do not take into account episodes with No Air Date

Thanks for your responce, at least it is a known issue. I will go through and populate the air date for these episodes. The only problem would be with specials for various shows which do not have an air date (i.e. they are DVD specials)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Re: AW: Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

I have adjusted the logging a bit for this, it is not a bug however. We avoid checking if the file exists because that is assumed the rare exception and it doesnt matter if we try it anyways.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: *NEW* MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]

I have adjusted the logging a bit for this, it is not a bug however. We avoid checking if the file exists because that is assumed the rare exception and it doesnt matter if we try it anyways.

Ok, thanks - I already issued a bugentry for that as requested, so you can delete/close it. More descriptive log is fine and I agree it's minor thing ;-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom