MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (3 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, I thought that the config tool you refer to would be available in MP TV-Series. I have no idea on where it is, sorry. Can you give me some instructions?

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The MP-TVSeries Configuration shortcut on the desktop or going via the MP-Configuration Tool->Plugins->Mp-TSeries:
    • Select Blacklist from Details tab;
    • Click on API Cache Folder at bottom of details pane.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ltfearme it might help to add a few extra log lines as well. Had issues with a late-night show again today, where trying to open the show it would immediately go back to the View that had series listed. Log file would simply say that fanart was loaded, so something did happen, but no indication at all that it failed to open the series content and resorted back to the View.

Delete + Re-import didn't work, and forced me to re-add the show to the correct View, but eventually after a combination of purging API cache folder, getting rid of stale episode thumbnails, and forcing an update via config everything works again.

I keep running into this like twice a year, but only on these late-night shows, and I feel there is some underlying bug, but without more log information might never be able to assist you in locating source of the issue. These shows are all watched+deleted-from-disk, sometimes in quick succession, but that doesn't seem to be an issue, as it appears to always occur after a new episode is added.

No biggie, as I know how to fix it, but some added logging might reveal the cause as "Trace" logging is pretty intense.

When this specific issue happens it is easy to reproduce, so next time I will try to remember to capture some trace logs if that helps solve it, or is that more for SQL debugging?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When this specific issue happens it is easy to reproduce, so next time I will try to remember to capture some trace logs if that helps solve it, or is that more for SQL debugging?
    I think it would be good to enable SQL logging too if it happens again. I would even go as far as providing two sets of logs one with and one with-out just incase the more verbose one is needed.

szsori

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just wanted to drop in and give a quick update. We have our API information and libraries here: TheTVDB. Our current plan is to deprecate the existing APIs sometime early next year. Any MediaPortal project can reach out to us for an API key and we'll approve it through the non-subscription model... just reference this thread. Attribution is appreciated where available.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Just wanted to drop in and give a quick update. We have our API information and libraries here: TheTVDB. Our current plan is to deprecate the existing APIs sometime early next year. Any MediaPortal project can reach out to us for an API key and we'll approve it through the non-subscription model... just reference this thread. Attribution is appreciated where available.
    hi szsori!
    I've made first steps in my own V4 implementation Added TheTVDBv4 API classes · edalex86/mptvseries@4d5d03f
    But then I realized v4 doesn't have user input api methods at all :D
    So it's not quite equal to v1 or v3. I don't know if i should finish integration or not.
    And since I'm coding offline now I'm curious if your suggestion for api key is suitable for me. I need dev key only for my local copy of MediaPortal but I'm not in MP team :oops:

szsori

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Get user language
    Get user ratings
    Submit user ratings
    Get/Submit favourites
    Got it. I'm discussing with our team and will spec out the work involved with building those in the v4 API. It's likely not going to happen within the next month or two, though. We have a lot of other stuff we're working through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom