MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (5 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It stopped for me as well this month in the US, but it is intermittent, so not exactly easy to resolve for a developer if they cannot reproduce it consistently. With geo-balanced roll-outs that is annoying, but my MP-TVSeries setup allows me to still view the episodes, they just aren't parsed with pretty info. That made it less urgent for me, but last night I needed the episode synopsis so was reminded again it was broken.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    C#:
    ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = (SecurityProtocolType)0xc00;

Keep in mind that 0xc00 is only needed on .NET 4.0, and that in .NET 4.5 you can refer to it as Tls12, which in .NET 4.6.2+ is made default now (or .NET Core).

Problem is that when you use = and not |= that you kill off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 support, which some servers still require if they are not configured to handle TLS 1.2-Only connections. Otherwise Forward-Secrecy is not used and then connection is sometimes killed off.[/QUOTE]

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Keep in mind that 0xc00 is only needed on .NET 4.0, and that in .NET 4.5 you can refer to it as Tls12, which in .NET 4.6.2+ is made default now (or .NET Core).

Problem is that when you use = and not |= that you kill off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 support, which some servers still require if they are not configured to handle TLS 1.2-Only connections. Otherwise Forward-Secrecy is not used and then connection is sometimes killed off.
    Best practic - use TLS 1.2 and 1.3 :) TLS 1.0 outdate like SSL...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Please be careful with tls things to make this code more compatible :-(

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    SSL outdated at all, TLS 1.0, 1.1 outdated, best practic use TLS 1.2+
    If we migrate to .NET 4.6+ then this lines need delete, TLS 1.2+ work from box ...

--

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    From TVDB FaceBook:
    Code:
    Hi everyone, another update for you. We’ve started a complete list of known issues that we’re working on fixes for, as well as issues that we have released fixes for already. You can see the full list here: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

We will continue to update this as new releases are pushed out. Again, we can’t say it enough — thank you so much for your patience as we work through these.

Known Issues Log & Status — 11/18/19 5:00pm - TheTVDB.com

--

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    About 4.0 and 4.6.2+, We discussed this, the test code is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posts/1256420/
    compile c# online - Use .NET Framework 4.5 and code like:
    C#:
    ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = (SecurityProtocolType)0xc00;
    Is required ...
    C# Online Compiler | .NET Fiddle - Use .NET Framework 4.7 If I’m not mistaken, this code is no longer needed there.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Best practic - use TLS 1.2 and 1.3 :) TLS 1.0 outdate like SSL...

I'm all with ya, but some servers (perhaps TheTVdB.com) can block TLS 1.2-Only connections, because they still need TLS 1.0/1.1 to make the initial connection and then rely on Forward-Secrecy to scale it up to 1.2. Had that happen myself to Canvas on instructure.com when I forced TLS 1.2 on LTI app for work by removing client-protocol support on server.

Got a ticket with Canvas to fix this, because come January 2020 servers still supporting TLS 1.0/1.1 will get into trouble with Google removing protocol support from their browsers. Firefox/Safari following in March 2020, and IE/Edge a mix depending on Chromium or Trident version, so somewhere in Q1 2020.

Just wanted to ensure you tested your code on a wide variety of systems, so that a user on XP with terrible TLS 1.2 support (or SNI for that matter) on IE might get into problem, and yes some users still use XP when they should be smacked around for not updating. Also to verify that TheTVdB supports TLS 1.2-Only connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom