MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (6 Viewers)

Starboy

December 7, 2019
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@itfearme An Artwork Chooser screen sounds like a great idea as long as it would include series and season posters.

I would like to thank you for all the extra work you have done to get this plugin working again, I would be lost without it.

I am not sure about anyone else, but I would like to do that as a donation if you have a PayPal account please post it.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Has anyone also got an issue where the Specials season seems to include the episodes from all of the seasons? I have this on a number of programs, for example "24" and "The Secret Life of the Zoo".
    Looks like you're not the only person to notice:
    v1 season/episodes now out of order in xml - TheTVDB.com

If you want, you can verify what the API returns for the episodes by inspecting the API Cache folder. It might be a good idea to upload here so I can take a look and see if there is any workaround I can do.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @itfearme An Artwork Chooser screen sounds like a great idea as long as it would include series and season posters.

Definitely would want to include season and series poster selection.

I am not sure about anyone else, but I would like to do that as a donation if you have a PayPal account please post it.
    Sure, but always happy to help as I also use this plugin daily.

I'll look into what's involved and add a link to the configuration or something. Thanks!

brain1000

Portal Member
    November 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Looks like you're not the only person to notice:
    v1 season/episodes now out of order in xml - TheTVDB.com

If you want, you can verify what the API returns for the episodes by inspecting the API Cache folder. It might be a good idea to upload here so I can take a look and see if there is any workaround I can do.

@itfearme Many thanks for your assistance. I have looked at the cache and I cannot see anything obvious - but I do not really know what to look for. Attached is the copy of the cache for "24".

I have updated MediaPortal from 1.20 to 1.23 just in case that was somehow involved but with no change.

Also uploaded is a screen grab of Season 0 of "24" in case it helps.

Best regards, Brian

Attachments

• screen grab.jpg
      screen grab.jpg
      127.2 KB
    • en.xml
      486.9 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Definitely would want to include season and series poster selection.
    Only a thought :
    Is it normal to manage season and series poster ?
    Even if it's a real nice offer for users, Isn't better to wait for "thetvdb" website stabilisation or, finding a better website giving this informations ?
    For me, it's not normal to fix deficiency of informations in code if, we can found it elsewhere or, by wait a bit...
    What do you think ?

Starboy

December 7, 2019
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This wouldn't be a fix or workaround for a TVDB issue it would be added functionality, although it would be nice if we could also access images from The Movie DB. This is one feature I really like in emby you can pick images from TVDB or The Movie DB.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @itfearme Many thanks for your assistance. I have looked at the cache and I cannot see anything obvious - but I do not really know what to look for. Attached is the copy of the cache for "24".

I have updated MediaPortal from 1.20 to 1.23 just in case that was somehow involved but with no change.

Also uploaded is a screen grab of Season 0 of "24" in case it helps.
    Thanks @brain1000, I see the issue.

It's because every non-special episode is returning bad data for these fields:
    Code:
    <airsafter_season>0</airsafter_season>
    <airsbefore_episode>0</airsbefore_episode>
    <airsbefore_season>0</airsbefore_season>

I think the solution is to only process these fields when:
    Code:
    <Combined_season>0</Combined_season>

i.e. we only care about ordering specials (season 0) in the normal season episode list. Previously these fields were not returned.

If you turn off the setting in configuration to sort specials in the episode list, it should fix the issue. I will look at providing a fix to support these fields being incorrectly set on normal episodes.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I feel like creating an Artwork Chooser screen to replace the Fanart Chooser :D

Keep code isolated if possible, so you can copy it over for Moving-Pictures as well :whistle:. That is one awesome feature that I always missed, but was fine when John choose to ignore it, but seeing as you control both project now ;)<nudge>;);)

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Then you may need to re-install the skin, probably has nothing to do with the plugin.

After installing the latest plugin, if you are still having the same problem, then switch to Ttian to confirm if it's a skin issue or not.

I've tried the 4.3.3.5 version ( didn't tried later versions, because it isn't just a .dll swap and I'm affraid I'll be stuck with a permanent non-working MPTVseries)

I've tried the Titan skin like you've suggested, but it also says wrong skin file.

I can try updating the skin, but I'm already at the latest version of the StreamedMP skin,
    And that skin isn't updated anymore.

Anyway I've installed a completely new skin ( PureVision HD 1080 ),
    but it didn't help either, also says wrong skin file.

Only thing I can think of is that my Mediaportal version is too low ( 1.15 )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom