MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (5 Viewers)

cerberus

Portal Pro
October 18, 2008
BW
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry, both versions doesnt work, only the broken official 4.3.2 runs with MP 1.12 and the latest StreamedMP. At 1.23 ive got stuttering playback, viewed recordings where not marked as watched, some crashes, pixilated video starts at spooling.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I got the same problem as @Soxbrother . I upgraded to 1.23, but there are to many problems for me. So i went back to 1.12 and StreamedMP. Is there any chance to get this thing running?

Simply upgrade to MediaPortal 1.21 and you can use the latest MP-TVSeries without any issues while temporarily avoiding the major MediaPortal upgrades from "Regeszter Edition" and such. That's what I use and I'm in no hurry to upgrade MediaPortal as nothing in the changelogs impacts my usage.

Major changes took place around 1.15 if memory serves me, so because you are under it, then you are screwed. If you are unable to get 1.21 to work, then just start with a fresh database import.

PS: Newer versions of MediaPortal are incorrectly flagged by Windows Defender and take up aggressive scanning. This is not visible in the task-manager, because it is such a low-level process that there isn't enough time to update the GUI. Set the MediaPortal folder, and process to exclude and you'll see that playback is back perfect without any stuttering. This is not a false-positive on identifying because Windows Defender or other AV solutions will not mark MediaPortal as having a virus, but they consume a lot of resources before they figure out it is safe.

Granted the system I discovered this on was a slow quad-thread with 16GB of memory and running on a measly 550MB/s SSD, but it brought it to a complete halt. Excluded folder and CPU usage during playback was 5% with DXVA active.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @ltfearme
    I look in thumb folder and not found any 361753*.* file in "\Thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original\" but in "\Thumbs\Fan Art\series\361753\backgrounds\" i found 62007451.jpg and 62007451_t.jpg
    Mandalorian TVDBID - 361753
    I'll take a closer look soon. Just a little busy at the moment with some work stuff.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The BBC series Vienna Blood is found and seems to import without problem, correct id number etc but I get absolutely no media info either for the series or individual episodes. Viewing the entry on TVDB appears to show everything is there! Anyone else with the same problem or a suggestion for a solution?

cerberus

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks alot for your advise. I disabled the security center an the services like firewall, defender...

I tried a many versions of mediaportal, but only 1.12 runs perfect. Do you have any idea, why recordings on mp >1.12 are "pixelig" at starting them or spooling? I use the newest LAV Codec 0.74?

Is MP 2 ready to use, instead of 1.21?

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Is there anything stopping you from upgrading to a more recent version?

I think I once installed 1.20 or something and got some playback which had tearing in it. So I went back to 1.15.
    Keep in mind that my pc has a AMD dual core processor and maybe 4gb of memory, so it's not the worlds fastest pc. My graphics card is onboard, I think an Ati Radeon HD 3450 or something, I'll let you know the exact specifications.
    Maybe time for a new pc

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MP2 does not allow you to use Moving-Pictures or MP-TVSeries, which are the only two plugins I care for, with MediaPortal just a GUI-shell to launch them.

Granted MP2 contains an improved version of Videos and TV-Shows, but for me it comes nowhere close, which is probably due to all the time I spent optimizing Views and creating IMDb+ plugin. MP2 does not support XML scraper-scripts, so there is no way to bring IMDb+ over, and I'll happily stay with MP1 for that reason alone. Otherwise I'll probably be better suited switching to Plex or Kodi. The only MP2 feature that I would probably enjoy is PiP, but I'm sure that'll be a gimmick that will look awesome initially and then I never end up using it. Same reason you don't see it in any TV anymore either as consumers did not use it in the long run.

Otherwise if I really craved PiP I could always grab one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BV1XBIY/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom