MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (5 Viewers)

cerberus

Portal Pro
October 18, 2008
BW
Home Country
Germany Germany
The MP 1.21 runs very well, i installed the plugins manually. No playback issues, i reset the lav config. TvSeries 4.3.3.8 works for me. The only issue i have, if i start a movie (dts) a crack noise appears. Only once at starting a movie. TV Recordings are fine.Any ideas?

Here my config (its a rdp session, so no hardware accelerator):

upload_2019-12-14_9-56-10.png

upload_2019-12-14_9-59-54.png

Sorry for off topic and thanks alot for all your help.

P.S.: Updated my system specs.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The MP 1.21 runs very well, i installed the plugins manually. No playback issues, i reset the lav config. TvSeries 4.3.3.8 works for me. The only issue i have, if i start a movie (dts) a crack noise appears. Only once at starting a movie. TV Recordings are fine.Any ideas?

Here my config (its a rdp session, so no hardware accelerator):

I use concurrent RDP all the time, so no worries, because you've provided enough details. Intel HD4600 should be best suited with QuickSync, but you could otherwise try DXVA2 and go with native first, but try copy-back if you get random purple blocks.

As for crack noise when you fire up DTS: helped somebody fix that exact same issue and it was a combination of their BIOS, chipset driver, and LAN driver for them. Go figure that a network driver was interfering with audio, but interrupts are a funky thing and I've seen stranger things. I'd also check into Intel driver while you're at it as the chipset driver lies at the core of everything. The "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" is surprisingly powerful to scan your system to fix that, but it does not always list beta drivers which can on occasion fix weird issues. Once you've installed the tool and scanned your system, and allow it to find updated drivers, feel free to uninstall it; the latest Intel DSA no longer remains active once you don't use it, so I now leave it installed for future update-scans, but that's your choice.

Sounds like you at least can reproduce consistently and quickly at the start of playback, so it'll be easy to try adjusting one thing, play a file, and see if it is fixed or not. Be sure to try playing the same media in MPC-BE (not MPC-HC as that one also relies on LAV and you want an alternative test path) for a quick test in case it is something with LAV or MediaPortal.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New beta test package available 4.3.3.9 attached.

Whats New:
    • Fixed compatbility with Subcentral when using MP1.23 (as released in 4.3.3.8 dll);
    • Delete API cache when updating individual series from configuration screen (more improvements needed here);
    • Removed requirement to have TVSeries enabled in Trakt to import community ratings from trakt.tv;
    • Many improvements to artwork downloading during imports. Now supports getting all English artwork (not just single) when no Posters/Banners exist in localised language;
    • Fixed Fanart downloads not working in some instances;
    • Normalised all artwork local paths as opposed to transforming online paths specified in API. TheTVDb.com keep changing their formats!;
    • Added new Artwork Chooser GUI which is going to be the replacement to the Fanart Chooser and Cycle Artwork options in context menu.

The Artwork Chooser is not yet complete, and is still missing support to actually download your favourite artwork. So what can you do? Right now you can:
    • Open the context menu (F9) and select 'Artwork Chooser' (if and only if you have an updated skin - Titan is included in package);
    • If you are at the series level then you will see 3 options:
      • Series Fanart;
      • Series Posters;
      • Series Widebanners.
    • If you are the season or episode levels, then you will see an addition option:
      • Season Posters.
    • The Artwork Chooser uses 3 different facades to present the artwork:
      • Series and Season Posters use Facade ID: 50;
      • Series Widebanners use Facade ID: 51;
      • Series Fanart use Facade ID: 52
    • The reason for the different facades is because each artwork has a different aspect ratio, this allows skinners to have better layouts for Icons and Filmstrip;
    • The Skin filename is TVSeries.ArtworkChooser.xml and has a WindowID: 9817;
    • You can view all artwork already downloaded and what are remote (labels are available to determine if its local, remote or selected as default);
    • As mentioned earlier, you can not yet download or select the default artwork yet (coming very soon);
    • There are only 4 layouts per facade availalble (List, Icons, BigIcons and Filmstrip), although I can easily add more;
    • All localised and English artwork will be displayed, so there should always be something to pick from;
    • Artwork preview thumbs should be downloaded a lot faster than Fanart Chooser (multithreaded with room for improvement);
    • The following skin properties are available when art is selected:
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.Filename;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.Language;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.OnlinePath;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.OnlineThumbPath;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.Rating (seems to be a bit buggy in the API at the moment);
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.RatingCount (votes);
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.IsDefault;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.IsLocal;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.SelectedItem (e.g. 9.1 (255 votes) | Remote);
    • The following skin properties are available globally:
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.SeriesID;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.SeriesName;
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.SeasonIndex (when viewing Season posters);
      • #TVSeries.Artwork.Type (this is the type of artwork e.g. 'SeriesFanart', 'SeriesPoster', 'SeriesBanner', 'SeasonPoster'.
    • The MPEI package includes the Artwork Chooser for the Titan skin, skin designers can use this as a baseline to get ready for official release;
      • Please speak out @catavolt or any other skinner if you need any help or think of something that would be good to add/fix.

Since I personally use the StreamedMP skin, I will update that skin to support the new GUI. For now, Im concentrating on coding the solution first...

upload_2019-12-18_23-35-39.png upload_2019-12-18_23-36-15.png upload_2019-12-18_23-36-54.png upload_2019-12-18_23-37-32.png upload_2019-12-18_23-38-20.png upload_2019-12-18_23-39-11.png

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries-4.3.3.9-Beta.mpe1
      5.8 MB
    Last edited:

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Awesome Stuff! (y)
    The Beta runs fine here and the Artwork Chooser will be a great usability improvement once fully implemented. I switched to Titan temporarily and tried it for a bit and love it already. Will it include custom artwork added by the user (like a poster named "custom.jpg")? Because I wasn't able to see those I have in my library.

You wrote that only 'updated' skins will be able to select the Artwork Chooser. Is this determined in the Code or can we add it to other skins ourselves (for testing and skin development). I looked through the Titan-Skin .xml-files but couldn't find where the artwork chooser was added to the menu. I use a rather customized version of the Apollo-Skin and was trying to put together a preliminary skinfile.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I switched to Titan temporarily and tried it for a bit and love it already.

Copying the TVSeries.ArtworkChooser.xml file over from Titan skin to your preferred skin should work for the time being, but ensure you verify the image content of the XML in case it references specific skin images that only Titan contains, which in that case you just have to copy those images over as well. I used to mix-and-match like that all the time, and due to the stand-alone nature of that specific item it should work.

Unless the skin file does a lot of inclusive calling to other XML files, then it will require additional work. Ideally launch MediaPortal and connect to the skin folder on another computer via concurrent RDP or an SMB-share. Then you copy skin file, and see if it works. Just keep in mind that on some skin changes you have to go back to MediaPortal 'home' and relaunch MP-TVSeries before they take effect, and on other changes it is enough to switch screens within the plugin (say switch View, etc.). Worst case when images are involved you have to clear the cache folder and restart MediaPortal.

I believe there is a plugin for skinners to make this much easier, and some other advanced options, but I've never used either and used to constantly make adjustments until I was satisfied with the results. Granted I would sometimes spend 3-hours tweaking how it looks and then realize there isn't enough time left to finish the media I planned to watch :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom