MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (3 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a quickie and not wanting to add too much to the workload but I've got a maddening issue that I've not seen reported but...
    When viewing the details of the series episode on the list page - there seems to be a resizing issue in that the rows stretch and shrink all the time - making the whole info screen judder.
    Difficult to screenshot that!!
    Can you have a peek when you can breathe again?!?!?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When viewing the details of the series episode on the list page - there seems to be a resizing issue in that the rows stretch and shrink all the time - making the whole info screen judder.
    Bugs me too and have not found a solution for it yet :(

Best you can do to minimise the issue occuring is make the configuration dialog as small as possible.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New beta available, fixes and improvements since last beta #3:
    • Added support to get Episode thumbnails from themoviedb.org via the Artwork Chooser GUI;
      • Artwork for episodes thumbs can be very high resolution from themoviedb.org and can impact GUI performance. It may require some improvements in future build for this;
      • Only 1 artwork thumb is available from thetvdb.com;
      • Titan skin updated to use the same facade as Fanarts (via the artwork type property).
    • Added links to fanart.tv and themoviedb.org in the configuration dialog for selected series;
    • Fixed DVD ordered episodes in the configuration dialog;
    • Updated French and German translations.

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries-4.3.4.4-Beta.mpe1
      5.9 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I noticed that for the skin property #TVSeries.Artwork.Filename, I was always publishing the thumbnail and not the fullsize artwork. I changed that to now publish the fullsize but also added an additional property #TVSeries.Artwork.ThumbFilename which does the low resolution preview.

So in the next version if you to push a fullsize artwork you can replace #selectedthumb with:
    Code:
    #(iif(eq(#TVSeries.Artwork.IsLocal, 'True'), #TVSeries.Artwork.Filename, #selectedthumb))

i.e. only publish the fullsize if it's local otherwise the preview which also exists in #selectedthumb.

Just keep in mind if you scroll fast through items you might see a pause if it hits a big picture to load. I may look into delayed image loading like in the main GUI for series/season artwork.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I made some more changes which should require no skin updates but you can if you want...let me explain what I did.

#TVSeries.Artwork.Filename and #TVSeries.Artwork.ThumbFilename will work as expected and publish the filenames of the corresponding fullsize and preview images.

Another new property has been added #TVSeries.Artwork.AsyncFilename can be used to display the fullsize artwork without affecting GUI performance when scrolling. This shouldn't be needed but is there in case you want it, let me explain why.

When loading images into the facade, if the full size artwork is available then I re-size it to an acceptable but still high resolution image and use that i.e. better than the preview thumb esp. for fanart.tv backgrounds and themoviedb.org episode stills (which are very low). As a result of doing this you can continue to use the #selectedthumb property and not make any skin changes.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is another beta:
    • Added async image loading in tvseries episode views (required for large images from themoviedb.org);
    • Improvements to image resolution when selecting local artwork in Artwork Chooser (see previous post);
    • Updated Dutch translations.

No functional changes, just skin and performance improvements.

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries-4.3.4.5-Beta.mpe1
      5.9 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom