MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (12 Viewers)

fredco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2010
    169
    54
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is the workflow that really works around the issue:
    First, install MP-TVSeries v4.5.1.745, download.
    Second, check TV-Series configuration and delete all faulty series from database (imported in error with an earlier version of the plugin, greyed out).
    Third, work one new series at a time. I have three new candidates (Alien Earth, Baby Reindeer and Dug Days) and when trying to add all three at once, it ends up with duplicate or triple episodes in Alien Earth and the other two were gone.
    So, you need to work per series. So add Alien Earth first. First add an empty file named 458912.tvdb to the series folder and start configuration. Alien Earth is correctly processed, but there is more needed: close configuration and open MediaPortal and TVSeries. It shows one more in the total series count, Alien Earth is added to the list in white letters and with 0 episodes. Then TVSeries needs to do an internal import from within MP (this happens automatically or can be forced manually). Only then thumbnails and synopsis are added per episode. Alien Earth becomes yellow text with 8 episodes.
    Then it's time for the next series, Baby Reindeer. Add empty file named 417223.tvdb to the series folder and start configuration. After processing by configuration then internal import by MP itself is needed and then also Baby Reindeer ends up correctly: yellow text with 7 episodes, thumbs and sysnopsis.
    So, lastly Dug Days: add 393210.tvdb to its folder. Do configuration first and then let MP do the internal import. Same result: Dug Days is added to the list as expected.
    So in this workaround I have three new series completely added right to Mediaportal as always. The only thing I am not completely sure about is: when I add S02 to Alien Earth, will this work automatically or does it still need the tvdb ID?
     
    Last edited:

    ltfearme

    Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    6,787
    7,300
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @fredco you're spot on regarding removal of greyed out series from the config tool. Also, you must have the <series>.tvdb file in each series folder.

    It should not matter if you do one series at a time or 100 series at a time. Hopefully that helps.
     

    fredco

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2010
    169
    54
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had the three different tvdb numbers in the separate folders for my three new series. But when I did all three at once, it led to duplicate episodes in the first series Alien Earth and the other two disappeared. Also it really needs extra processing by the internal scraper of MP-TVSeries in Mediaportal itself. Without it, the episode count remains 0.
     

    fangio99

    Portal Pro
    November 4, 2010
    51
    16
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I have 2 series I cannot add. Both have a .tmdb file in them. Both come up green in the import wizard but then they disappear. They aren't added to the database but no error is shown.

    Lanterns 376098.tvdb
    Possession 457483.tvdb

    Existing series are importing fine.

    Fangio
     

    Attachments

    • MP-TVSeries.log
      1.6 KB
    • MP-TVSeries.bak
      844.4 KB
    • TVSeriesDatabase4.zip
      20.5 MB

    ltfearme

    Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    6,787
    7,300
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have 2 series I cannot add. Both have a .tmdb file in them. Both come up green in the import wizard but then they disappear. They aren't added to the database but no error is shown.

    Lanterns 376098.tvdb
    Possession 457483.tvdb

    Existing series are importing fine.

    Fangio
    Can you attach your database too.
     

    Hakuna76

    Portal Member
    December 22, 2020
    7
    5
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Second, check TV-Series configuration and delete all faulty series from database (imported in error with an earlier version of the plugin, greyed out).
    Third, work one new series at a time. I have three new candidates (Alien Earth, Baby Reindeer and Dug Days) and when trying to add all three at once, it ends up with
    I can confirm this method, one at a time.
    However! When I have a show which has a new season, it does not import anyway.

    The workaround I found, is very annoying:
    1. delete the TVSeriesDatabase4.db3
    2. copy a db from the MP-TVSeries_Backup folder
    3. Move the show folder, including only one file and the tvdb file to your "TV" folder
    4. Start tv series setup, delete the show if it's grey
    5. import the show with the new season
    6. Now there is some kind of other database which is updated, probably something regarding the "MediaInfo.dll"
    7. Close the setup
    8. Move the folder out
    9. repeat step 1-8 until all shows has updated MediaInfo
    10. Make one final copy of the backup
    11. import all shows, ONE BY ONE
    12. move all remaining files to your "TV" folder (they can be placed anywhere, does not have to be in the folder of the .tvdb file)
    Someone has a better workaround, or can this get patched somehow?

    And, I don't know what will happen next "season".
     
    Last edited:

    Hakuna76

    Portal Member
    December 22, 2020
    7
    5
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    To keep track, you can have this folder structure
    1. New shows
    2. Tvdb, which has subfolders with show name, incl one video and the tvdb file
    3. Mediainfo done
    4. TV series folder
     
    Last edited:

    Hakuna76

    Portal Member
    December 22, 2020
    7
    5
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Turns out it's not necessary to make new copies of the db when you do the MediaInfo update (repeat step 3-8 only)

    Seems files might have to be in the show sub folder, but I'm still testing.

    I have problems with the MediaInfo step for Chicago Med, but Chicago Fire works... Don't know which step I missed.

    Key is to make copies of the db file often, so you can revert when you miss a step!
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom