MP1-2559-Solve_inconsistent_TVService_detection_from_TVServer_in_TVHome (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you disable some plugin (WW and other) to see if it does the same ?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So it looks like the netword card is not ready/up and then lead to this freeze issue. (But i'm not sure).
    I have the freezing issue from time to time too.
    I assume that you have seen my log here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-is-not-respected.119863/page-4#post-1008312

I have not have the time to have a deeper look into it until now, but will try to doi it tomorrow evening.
    My assumption of this is that the client wakes the server (what workes fine since your corrections in this area :) ) and then wants to fetch information from the server (is the server recording?).
    During this fetch process it seems that the GUI is not rendered. Button clicks on my remote are recognized. (i can hear the sound)
    @richardc1983: Can you hear the clicking of the GUI sound when you use your keyboard or remote? Can you see that the navigation is done when the freezing is over?

What leads to this assumption:
    When I resume my client it wakes with the GUI as it was when I sent it to sleep. This can be recognized with the time that is shown on the basichome and the recording status which is shown when there was a recording on the server when the client went to sleep. When the freezing is over I can see the actual recording state of the server immediately
    Perhaps these points are rubbish but if not the question is: Why does it take so long until the server delivers its information sometimes and why does the GUI not respond while it is waiting?

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you disable some plugin (WW and other) to see if it does the same ?

Ok I disabled world weather and now works fine. Resumes and working within 10s so the world weather plugin is the issue and am gonna uninstall. Who tells world weather people that its their plugin at fault?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So it looks like the netword card is not ready/up and then lead to this freeze issue. (But i'm not sure).
    I have the freezing issue from time to time too.
    I assume that you have seen my log here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-is-not-respected.119863/page-4#post-1008312

I have not have the time to have a deeper look into it until now, but will try to doi it tomorrow evening.
    My assumption of this is that the client wakes the server (what workes fine since your corrections in this area :) ) and then wants to fetch information from the server (is the server recording?).
    During this fetch process it seems that the GUI is not rendered. Button clicks on my remote are recognized. (i can hear the sound)
    @richardc1983: Can you hear the clicking of the GUI sound when you use your keyboard or remote? Can you see that the navigation is done when the freezing is over?

What leads to this assumption:
    When I resume my client it wakes with the GUI as it was when I sent it to sleep. This can be recognized with the time that is shown on the basichome and the recording status which is shown when there was a recording on the server when the client went to sleep. When the freezing is over I can see the actual recording state of the server immediately
    Perhaps these points are rubbish but if not the question is: Why does it take so long until the server delivers its information sometimes and why does the GUI not respond while it is waiting?

Yep it can stay in sort of loop, it can happen if server is not fully up and client ask server, we can run here in wait method (20 sec if i'm not wrong).
    For sure the recording icon status (on screen) can lead to that when server is not fully.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok I disabled world weather and now works fine. Resumes and working within 10s so the world weather plugin is the issue and am gonna uninstall. Who tells world weather people that its their plugin at fault?

Good :) you can ask the author, i don't have the link right now (@ work) but i remember reading something about and new or lite version seems to have a fix for that (but i'm not sure) @Micropolis can answer for sure :)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Good :) you can ask the author, i don't have the link right now (@ work) but i remember reading something about and new or lite version seems to have a fix for that (but i'm not sure) @Micropolis can answer for sure :)

Well I thought it was resolved but it isn't! Another freeze when I turned it on just now. Task manager says its running rather than "not responding" and I can hear the beeps but its frozen on whatever program was on when I turned it off earlier.

Heres the logs this is for the kitchen system which is a new install of MP and windows 7 last weekend. So whilst many of the issues were down to the plugin theres still freeze ups!

?!,@" thing!!!

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Heres the logs this is for the kitchen system which is a new install of MP and windows 7 last weekend. So whilst many of the issues were down to the plugin theres still freeze ups!

?!,@" thing!!!

I don't understand you about fresh install, because you have some incompatible plugins lol

Code:
    [2013-07-04 13:04:49,366] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: 'InfoService, Version=1.7.1.245, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    [2013-07-04 13:04:53,266] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: 'MyLyrics, Version=1.7.0.67, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    [2013-07-04 13:04:57,213] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: 'WebBrowser, Version=0.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

Can you disable those too ? (or remove it from your plugins folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins')

One thing you can try too, is to remove for testing 'tvplugin.dll' to see if it's not other plugin that create the freeze on wakup :)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I got the same bug too. I'll test those files and report back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom