MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (3 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah - yes - when Powersched is enabled on the Client the system becomes totally unresponsive
    You should enable "Debug" log level so that I can see, what is going on with PS. And - just to be sure - please disable the minidsplay plugin (Though it is a builtin plugin) and use the default (wide) skin. Then make logs of your unpatched (vanilla 1.5) system. Thank you for your cooperation which is ofc time consuming, but it helps us to analyse bugs and thus improve MP more and more:).

Michael
    Argh - forgott to enable Debug in the settings ...

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible, that this is a specific problem of my philips TV or a general problem with initialising of the hdmi interface on startup of TVs.
    The black screen problem is in work. But there are lots of issues with the hdmi interface (mostly not caused by the tv set but by the tv card drivers). So you could try to update your drivers (but without warranty;))

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try to handle lost/not ready Audio device.
    Does this mean that the unmuting of audio devices after return from standby or away mode is fixed in MP core now? I have a patch for this issue in the PowerScheduler client plugin, but it definitively does not belong there any longer (legacy of PS++). So can I drop it for the next version of MP (1.6 pre)?

Michael

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's more a work around but That possible it fix this issue .
    Now audio device is switched correctly i need to push an extra code but for example on my htpc, I can connect on rdp and back to my HTpc and sound is back

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So .. two logs - one with PowerScheduler enabled on Client and Server, the other with Power Schduler disabled on Client and enbaled on Server.

When enabled on both MP is not responsive - Need to kill teh Task.
    When Disabled system is responsive after wakeup. In both cases TVservice is in status "shutting down" wich causes MP not to be able to play TV and you can't enter teh Configuration (TV service not running). All Pludins are Disabled (over MP Config), Skin is Default wide. Sleep Mode is Hybrid (S3)

Attachments

• All Plugins off, Power Sched. Client off Server on.zip
      202.5 KB
    • All Plugins off, Power Sched. Client and server on.zip
      179.4 KB

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's more a work around but That possible it fix this issue .
    Now audio device is switched correctly i need to push an extra code but for example on my htpc, I can connect on rdp and back to my HTpc and sound is back
    So I think it is something different: PS handles the problem that after the end of away mode or wakeup from standby Windows (or better some audio drivers?) does not always unmute the default audio device. Moreover on some HDMI connected sound devices it takes some seconds until they are "seen" by Windows again after wakeup and therefore they keep unmuted too. The PS client plugin checks the deafault audio device if it is still the same as before entering away mode or sleep mode (waits some seconds for the device to "reappear" if needed) and then unmutes the default audio device if it was not muted before entering away mode or sleep mode.
    But ofc this is no function that should be done by PowerScheduler any longer but it should become part of the MP client core (which would also need to modify the MP core's power event functions to recognize entering and leaving away mode).

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So .. two logs - one with PowerScheduler enabled on Client and Server, the other with Power Schduler disabled on Client and enbaled on Server.

When Disabled system is responsive after wakeup. In both cases TVservice is in status "shutting down" wich causes MP not to be able to play TV and you can't enter teh Configuration (TV service not running). All Pludins are Disabled (over MP Config), Skin is Default wide. Sleep Mode is Hybrid (S3)
    Sorry but at the first glance I found no issues in the logs. At what time is the problem? What do you mean by "TVService is in status "shutting down""?

Michael

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Sorry but at the first glance I found no issues in the logs. At what time is the problem? What do you mean by "TVService is in status "shutting down""?

Michael

After the the wakeup the TV service is showing "shutting down" like if it didn't finish when the PC was sent to sleep. I can' tell you when MP stops responding as I get (log All Plugins off, Power Sched. Client and server on.zip) only a static screen with the last TV picture bofore unit was sent to sleep.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the the wakeup the TV service is showing "shutting down" like if it didn't finish when the PC was sent to sleep. I can' tell you when MP stops responding as I get (log All Plugins off, Power Sched. Client and server on.zip) only a static screen with the last TV picture bofore unit was sent to sleep.

I have seen a simmilar issue in the past from time to time. But after a while MePo became responsive again.So for me it was only a delay. But this could took more than a minute.
    I have identified more than one reason for the delays:
    -HDMI-CEC remote plugin (new release solved it)
    -file existing cache (have disabled it in the config)
    -and with PS++ the delays where longer as without it
    I have reported my thougts about PS++ and resume delays here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...or-mediaportal-1-4.95463/page-94#post-1010774

michae_t said that there is no problem but perhaps it is worth to spend some time into a deeper investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom