MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (5 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you tried updating your bios. I know you have tried many other things.
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H77M-ITX/?cat=Download&os=BIOS
    My BIOS is current (V1.70), every other Windows driver as well. I don't think that it is a hardware problem, as Suspend/Resume does work without MP. I have only problems, if MP is running during a Suspend/Resume cycle.
    To rule MP out then can you set a sheduled task when pc wakes via usb to close MP and start it again ?

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, a lot of things to report...

First of all I have set up the task scheduler to start a batch file "On event, System, Power-Troubleshooter, Event-ID 1", which is executed after every resume operation (tested successful with a message popping up).
    My batch file looks like this:
    Code:
    TASKKILL /F /IM "MediaPortal.exe"
    TIMEOUT /T 10 > NUL
    CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
    I have triggered several suspend/resume cycles and everything works as expected: MP was closed after some seconds and restartet.
    At 14:39 I ecountered again the black screen of death, after switching on my PC with my remote. Same behaviour as before: All fans & harddisk were running, but I was not able to enter a command, nor the batch command was executed. I had to restart my computer and generated a log (see attached file 14:40).
    I thought to do the test again, but now using the power switch from the PC case. After some cycles I had the second problem: The GUI was stuck and not responsive. The batch file kicked in, terminated and restartet MP. Afterwards MP was ok again. See second attachment (14:43) for this log.

Therefore we have definitly two problems:
    - The black screen of death, hard power button toggling neccessary to recover
    - A stuck GUI, MP can be killed and restartet

Hope this helps...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you tried with any other skin ? and also without plugins running.

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No & Yes :)
    I have only used the default Titan skin, but no other. I will switch to Default Wide and rerun the tests.
    Plugins: I had exactly the same problems with disabled plugins (running MP in debug mode). See some of my previous posts some pages ago.
    Is there a command switch to start MP in debug mode ? If yes, than I would add this switch to the batch file, otherwise MP is always starting in normal mode.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I suppose there is a command line or you need to change your batch by watchdog exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WatchDog.exe")
    :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Therefore we have definitly two problems:
    - The black screen of death, hard power button toggling neccessary to recover
    - A stuck GUI, MP can be killed and restartet

Hope this helps...

Can you try to disable PS++ plugins too (it seems to be enable) just to see if it can trigger something and also TVPlugin if enable.
    So i would like to resolve the stuck GUI.

About black screen, not sure it's related to MP.

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am sorry, but I won't be able to do such intensive testing the next days, as my wife comes back today (and stealing my time... ;)). I will try to do some proposed tests, but I can't promise anything. Nevertheless good luck in bug hunting ! (y)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Installer updated in first post.
    It should fix issue when Audio Device is removed / added, this bug was introduce in latest commit and can lead to no sound while Audio Device is reconnected.
    I'm not really that it will change anything about Resume but like resume can trigger something on Audio side, it's good to test :)

illiloh

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Erlangen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mybe this log is helpfully. My MediaPortal is crashing after Standby when i start LiveTV. I put my PC in standby while TV is running.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    mybe this log is helpfully. My MediaPortal is crashing after Standby when i start LiveTV. I put my PC in standby while TV is running.

It's maybe related to different between TVServer and TVPlugin.
    If you update both (something wrong in the update).

If you only update client side then you need to update server side too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom