MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (4 Viewers)

slikvik

Portal Pro
May 8, 2006
Hi

Could some PLEASE look through this log file and see if they can figure out what is going wrong. This happens almost every time I wake the HTPC.

Please note that even though I am having problems resuming, the end result it slightly different.

I wake from resume and the Desktop is showing. Media Portal is NOT in the taskbar but IS in Taskmanager. I turn off my Amp, turn it back on again, and Media Portal appears back on screen. After doing this it is usually OK although SOMETIMES MePo hangs, or crashes.

I've included a log where I have woke it from standby, left it a minute and turned off the amp, left it another minute and turned on the amp, left it another minute and quit MePo to generate log.

My Wife is close to killing me over this now!

Acer Revo 80. Intel 3000 GPU, Intel HDMI Audio. Windows 8, Latest drivers.

Thanks

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try installing the new 1.5 version I'm sure there was a fix at some point to do with amps, if you connect direct leaving out the amp what is the outcome?

John0502

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Hello,

I had an issue with live TV resume from standby in MP 1.3 - patches to the TV service seemed to fix that one at that time.

With MP 1.5, issues seemed to have returned. I then used Sebastiis' patch (as listed in the first post here) and it now gives a consistent result. When I do stanby while watching live TV, and then resume, I always return to the TC screen, but not in full screen view. The TV is playing fine (was not in previously).
    So, I just press the 'red' key on my MC remote and I get to the full screen TV - this is a good result - 1 key press and there is full screen live TV.

With MP 1.3, it would resume to the full screen t\TV with the epg prompted to make a choice, one press on the remote and full screen TV would be playing.

So, minimal steps to get full screen live TV is maintained - I like this. I do not know if it is possible to get it where it would show the epg as in previous versions of MP, but this is good for me for now.

Thank you for your efforts Sebastii in developing this patch.

Regards,

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - I made a completet reinstall based on Windows 8 now - and - same issues as before

- When Powersheduler is enabled at the MP plugins MP freezes after resume - need to kill it
    - TV service is showing "shutting down" - so you can't access TV settings for example as it tells the system that TV service is not running - funny enough MP itself will show TV when you start it

I would realy like to help to see some progress here -

Attachments

• Event.txt
      336.4 KB
    • Syskonfig.txt
      537.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

MediaPortal.ProcessPlugins.Atmolight.AtmolightPlugin seems to trigger something wrong on wakeup.
    Can you try with based stock plugins ?

PS++ seems to be trigger something too (from your test).
    But we really need to know with core stuff.
    If core stuff works (read no AtmolightPlugin etc. involved)
    Then we can focus on third party plugins :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Argh - this is rather time consuming what you are asking for ... basically as the prime problem is always the same (with or without plugins, with original and patched core) I strongly beleive the probmlem lies deeper than that.

Well - the patched core does take much longer to sync audio and video (I can monitor shtutter in voice for about 5 minutes until the picture sound get's stable - using Mediaportal Audio Renderer) and it surly needs rework (the whole plugin) but it seems they lack manpower to do this. Anyway - here are tons of Logs :)

What is always the same - TVService is showing status "shutting down" after resume causing TV not to work and you can't access it anymore. This was the same in my Windows 7 environment but at least MP was able to access teh service and play TV.

Ah - yes - when Powersched is enabled on the Client the system becomes totally unresponsive

Attachments

• Powersched off, plugins off, org core.dll.zip
      175.5 KB
    • Powersched off, plugins off, patched core.dll, all pluginss on except atmowin.zip
      191.2 KB
    • Powersched off, plugins off, patched core.dll.zip
      169.1 KB
    • Powersched on, plugins off, org core.dll.zip
      1 MB
    Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah - yes - when Powersched is enabled on the Client the system becomes totally unresponsive
    You should enable "Debug" log level so that I can see, what is going on with PS. And - just to be sure - please disable the minidsplay plugin (Though it is a builtin plugin) and use the default (wide) skin. Then make logs of your unpatched (vanilla 1.5) system. Thank you for your cooperation which is ofc time consuming, but it helps us to analyse bugs and thus improve MP more and more:).

Michael

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had a similar issue on my system.

If I power up (resume from standby) TV and PC at the same time with my remote, mp sometimes hangs often with a black screen.
    Nothing reacts and I have to kill mp with the taskmanager.

The solution(for me):
    I have added a delay (6 sec.) between power up TV and power up PC at the remote.
    After this, I had no issue any more!

It is possible, that this is a specific problem of my philips TV or a general problem with initialising of the hdmi interface on startup of TVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom