MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (3 Viewers)

ArneB

Portal Member
March 14, 2012
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes, I will wait next (crash) time. How long should I wait ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think few minutes, it just to see if it recover by itself :)
    So do you have sometimes tune failed ? (that can explain why the recording was missed)

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, I have never seen tuning problems. I am using DVB-C, with a Digital-Devices double tuner. Signal strength & quality is always at 100% for every channel. Maybe the crashed MP GUI has issued a command to the TV server, which occupies both tuners. As the TV server is waiting for an answer/acknowledgement of the GUI the tuners are still occupied and it is not possible to acquire a free TV card ? Just a wild guess...

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii:
    Is it possible that these freezings that ArneB sees are the same that I have mentioned while testing the WOL enhancements?

Do you remember my posts here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tvserver_in_tvhome.120159/page-6#post-1009685
    and here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tvserver_in_tvhome.120159/page-7#post-1009774

Aftes a lot of tries and new versions of plugins it seems to me that LatestMediaHandler and the CEC-Remote plugin where the bad boys.
    The newest versions of these plugins solved the freezing thing for me.

@ArneB: Do you use one of these plugins?

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Crash again... :(

The MP GUI was frozen this morning (~10:30), the clock on the home screen showed 00:50 and I had to kill MP with the task manager. Unfortunately MP missed a TV recording I had programmed for my wife very early in the morning (~2:00). I think you can guess about her mood today... She is very upset and wants to throw out my HTPC, because it doesn't work... Therefore I would very kindly ask you/other developers to spent some time on this issue. I know it is very hard to hunt bugs you don't have, but is it maybe possible to build a special version with more debug messages ? Or can I provide any additional information ?
    Thank you for your hard work, I really appreciate it !
    Try temp disabling the xmltv plugin in the tv server config. Looking at the logs I am wondering if the tvguide.xml file is corrupted. Only a guess though.
    Regards,
    Markus.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Here is another one. Please consider this is from teh working system so a number of plugins is running. Behaviour:

Wakeup is working fine - all working as expected. But after some time watching when switching teh channel in TV you will only get a black screen. Restart of MP fixes that. Had this now two times in a row so thought of puting the logs here.

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next crash report... The clock in the main screen was stuck at 10:02 and the GUI was not responsive. Unfortunately I couldn't wait some minutes, as my kids would like to watch a movie... (Social pressure... ;)) Therefore I had to kill MP with the task manager and start it again.

But I have encountered another problem: MP refuses to go into standby since some days... It is really getting weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom