MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (4 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Seem to have an similiar issue as ArneB - after resume watching is fine - when trying to switch channel it's to an encrypted one) I get a blacjh screen. MP is still responding (on menues level) but players won't start (tried with Film and stop - start TV). Again pleaswe note that this is teh productive system with Plugins enabled.

Attachments

• TV.zip
      25.5 KB

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a short note: I have tested yesterday evening standby/resume cycles on the windows desktop without MP and it works fine, no problems. As soon as MP is started, standby is no longer working. The screen dims to dark but appears immediately again and MP can be used as usual (no locking).

A curious question to the developers: Do you have already an idea about the cause for the problem ? Is there anything I can do to help solving this problem ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That really weird, so something in MP (plugins or whatever) pervent the standby.
    I can put my htpc in standby (by windows or remote here)

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have encountered another black screen of death at approx. 16:50 this afternoon... To recover from that state I had to reboot my computer. But I have made an observation: If I was running MP in normal mode with Titan skin & plugins (mainly online videos), it crashes with a black screen (as seen today). If the pure debug mode without any plugins is activated, the GUI is displayed, but it is not responsive after a crash. Maybe this is a hint for the cause for the problem ? Maybe some other developers (scythe or michael_t) have an idea, what is going on...

BTW, the last line of the log seems to be quite interesting:
    Code:
    [2013-09-06 07:57:49,875] [Log    ] [MPMain  ] [INFO ] - GUIWindowManager: Could not find window -1

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I get this line most often when closing MP.

I have run (it's rare) on my HTPC with MP freezed and i notice that TVService was up but all DVB card was as unknown mode (because wrong start of tvservice or something like i made a lot of test) this lead to MP freezed and need to kill MP (but that doesn't crash my HTPC).

So i need to reproduce this condition to see if i can reproduce it each time.

And the question is, if tvservice is not fully init and MP client wake up and receive the message from TVService (i'm running but in fact not) maybe MP Client can't be init correctly.

If it's true, maybe we need to extend the remotecontrol code (the one that sais YES (connected) or NO (Disconnect) to look if card are up and ready and if not yet ready send to MP client disconnected message.

It's a pure supposition but could be nice to test that lol.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    I get this line most often when closing MP.

I have run (it's rare) on my HTPC with MP freezed and i notice that TVService was up but all DVB card was as unknown mode (because wrong start of tvservice or something like i made a lot of test) this lead to MP freezed and need to kill MP (but that doesn't crash my HTPC).

So i need to reproduce this condition to see if i can reproduce it each time.

And the question is, if tvservice is not fully init and MP client wake up and receive the message from TVService (i'm running but in fact not) maybe MP Client can't be init correctly.

If it's true, maybe we need to extend the remotecontrol code (the one that sais YES (connected) or NO (Disconnect) to look if card are up and ready and if not yet ready send to MP client disconnected message.

It's a pure supposition but could be nice to test that lol.

What I have seen is that TV service is in state "shutting down" but MP is still using it. and - at some point in time - when switching to another channel for example, it is not reachable anymore (this is when on my machine the TV starts and stops after 1 or two seconds play).

Also when this situation occurs and I close MP with the exit option the start screen stops responding and i need to kill it via Task manager.

To me it seems that during setting the machine to "sleep" TV service doesn't finish the shutdown and when waking the machine up again it still thinks it needs to wait for the shutdown but nothing is recommending this anymore.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It seems to confirm what i have see, but i didn't take time to look again :(
    Will try to reproduce it :)

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One more crash report (black screen of death)... It occurred this morning at ~7:48. One interesting line in tvserver_TVServer_error.1.log:
    Code:
    [2013-09-15 07:45:01,627] [Log    ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - Exception in Program.Persist() with Message The number of returned rows 0 did not match the expected count of 1+.
    If concurrency control is enabled this may indicate that the record was updated or deleted by another process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom