MP1-4420: Potential Fix for the broken Startup Delay on resume (2 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The splitter has been delivered.
    But unfortunately nothing changed.
    Still the same problem.
    Grumpf... What's the behavior of the splitter?
    I assume when you hook it up to the power and connect the monitor, the output led for that port is on?
    What happens when you turn the TV off/on? Does the led stay on or does it go off when the monitor goes off?

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have ordered the HDFury Version. On Amazon was a User who wrote he tested the "Lindy" first and it does not work.
    Regarding Graphic Card... I would use the Nvidia. It was always better on my HTPC Systems. Right now i use the Intel HD4000 GPU...

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Grumpf... What's the behavior of the splitter?
    I assume when you hook it up to the power and connect the monitor, the output led for that port is on?
    What happens when you turn the TV off/on? Does the led stay on or does it go off when the monitor goes off?
    The green leds on the connected input and output are always on.
    There are no changes at the leds during TV on/off and PC standby/resume.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The green leds on the connected input and output are always on.
    There are no changes at the leds during TV on/off and PC standby/resume.
    Same behavior as mine, weird...

Just to be sure: The HDMI splitter is supposed to help with the HDMI handshake issue(s) when you have a receiver in between. Like switching to windowed mode or audio stopping for a couple of seconds when you turn of the TV.

I don't except the videocard to be the cause. Been running AMD for years without issues.

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to be sure: The HDMI splitter is supposed to help with the HDMI handshake issue(s) when you have a receiver in between. Like switching to windowed mode or audio stopping for a couple of seconds when you turn of the TV.
    I have no receiver between.
    Only the pc and the tv, connected with a hdmi cable.
    But MP freeze reproducible, if the delay between power on tv and resume pc is shorter then 15 sec.
    Also if I disconnect/connect the HDMI cable.
    The splitter hasn't changed anything on that behavior.

I had also some times short (3 sec.) black screens without audio during watching live/ recorded tv.
    But not anymore since the splitter is between.:)

Who is the culprit. PC/videocard or TV?
    Tomorrow I'm install the Nvidia card, which is already here.
    Then I can exclude that.

P.S.
    I found that MP don't freeze, if I first stop the viewed recording, and then go back to the recordings menu (ESC button).

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had also some times short (3 sec.) black screens without audio during watching live/ recorded tv.
    But not anymore since the splitter is between.
    At least 1 good thing comes from it then ;)

So... no receiver in between. No clue why i thought you had, maybe it was Brudertac.
    Anyways, if you have the HTPC directly connected to your TV, it's a bit weird that you have this handshake issue (that is, since this was fixed a long time ago and we haven't had any reports lately). I wonder if we might be dealing with 2 individual issues.

I found that MP don't freeze, if I first stop the viewed recording, and then go back to the recordings menu (ESC button).
    So from the above post, i assume you 'force' the system into S3 while the playback of the recording is still running??
    Have you also tested this with the option 'Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer' disabled? (MP Config > General > Startup/Resume Settings).

If updating your videodrivers doesn't help, and swapping videocards neither, you might want to have a look here:
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1091403-edid-override-thread-107.html

Long thread, but might be a solution.

Last edited:

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So from the above post, i assume you 'force' the system into S3 while the playback of the recording is still running??
    Have you also tested this with the option 'Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer' disabled? (MP Config > General > Startup/Resume Settings).
    I think, I have done some test with and without ''Stop playback'.
    no change.

But today, I could solve the problem.

First, i replaced my tv (Philips 42PFL7655k) with one from my son(LG 37LH3000).
    No success. Same behavior as with the philips.
    Then I have installed a other video card(Nvidia GT610).
    And it works.
    Now I can unplug/plug the HDMI cable and MP remains stable as before.
    I can power on TV and PC at the same time without any issue.

Thankyou HomeY and Brudertac for your extensive help.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This morning I tried again, and all still works fine.
    MP runs as stable as never before.
    Great to hear!
    Just out of curiosity, is this still with the splitter in between? Or did you remove that after switching videocards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom