[MP1-4456] Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby & remote control issue (1 Viewer)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    asynchronous channel tune means that the Server tunes next channel parallel to the one i actual watching to perform faster channel change?
    For me (multi-seat setup) it's faster (or feels faster) with tuning. :D

Yes, Tuning is Faster. :) And what i like is that there is no more Warning that my OS (WHS2011) is not supported. Because it is running fine :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Martin, you have that line in error and i suppose it's why MP freeze on first resume.
    Can you try without a DVD but a little video ?

Hi Sebastiii, with video file (no ripped DVD but some mp4) & PowerScheduler enabled it works fine - no freeze. I have just problem when I use ripped DVD.

Can you try to by disabling PowerScheduler ? (just for testing purpose)
    Do you mean to try ripped DVD with PowerScheduler disabled?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Can you try to by disabling PowerScheduler ? (just for testing purpose)

I just tested with Power Scheduler disabled (in both - i.e. in TV-server and in MP Config tool plugins). To disable Power Schedluer did not help.

Just to summarize, when the MP do freezes from wake up when "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer":
    • only when I play ripped DVD (Video_TS folder, the PowerScheduler enabled/disabled does not have impact)

Just to summarize, when the MP does not freeze from wake up when "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer":
    • when I play standard video in avi, mpg format (PowerScheduler enabled/disabled does not have impact)
    • when I play ripped BlueRay disc (PowerScheduler enabled/disabled does not have impact)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    And without : "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" does it do the same ? (freeze with DVD).
    Maybe it's codec related for DVD, the cleanup is not fully done ?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    And without : "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" does it do the same ? (freeze with DVD).
    Maybe it's codec related for DVD, the cleanup is not fully done ?

Yes, it freeze with DVD as well if I uncheck "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer". I have clean Windows with AnyDVD and Media Portal SW only, so I unistall AnyDVD to be sure it is not related to AnyDVD, but MP still freezes with DVD ripped video - does not matter if I check or not "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer".

I have all codecs/filters in MP set up to LAV and DirectSound Device as Audio renderer.

I was trying to change the DirectSound Device to Media Portal Audio Renderer, but there was no sound if I play DVD ripped video. I am not sure if this could be connected to Audio refender or not...(n) Anyway the MP freezes with Media Portal Audio Renderer as well if I play DVD ripped video.

The issue is not for one DVD ripped video, but for all I was trying - roughly for 5-6 different ripperd DVDs...[DOUBLEPOST=1398987175][/DOUBLEPOST]On top of above I did not recognize any difference for check or uncheck "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer", when the MP goes to sleep, it stop to play audio, it stops to play video and goes to sleep. When MP wakes up, it does not play any audio/video - just in case of DVD ripped audio MP is frozen -> it needs second sleep cycle to resolved the freeze.

What exactly the "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" shoudl do?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for all information :)

You can try something about DVD :
    • it's to use the external player (with MPC-HC for ex) . Just to confirm the issue (but you need to close MPC-HC before standby)
    • Stop playback manually before standby (does it freeze too ?)
    About "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" :
    Imagine you have your PC connected to an AVR HDMI (Audio Receiver), you play something (DVD / Video or what ever), you turn off your AVR (but let MP running, no standby involved here), the HDMI connection is removed along with HDMI Audio device from windows.
    So with audio device removed, "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" will stop the playback. MP is still running.

You can also try to simulate a suspend / resume message to test if the freeze occurs too (with sendmessage tool : http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/)

Open two instance of the tool :
    Setup one like this : (for Suspend message)
    upload_2014-5-2_9-22-42.png

And the other for Resume :
    upload_2014-5-2_9-23-21.png

To select MP : move the target :
    upload_2014-5-2_9-23-47.png
    to MediaPortal windows. (Ah yes, you need to start MP in windowed mode and not fullscreen)

Then you can do 'SendMessage' from Suspend SendMessage tool (MP will receive it and act like it goes to suspend, so it should stop playback and look freezed)

Then do 'SendMessage' from second tool to resume it : It should unfreeze and go to Home. (but for you it should stay freezed with DVD)
    So here try a second 'SendMessage' from resume to see if it unfreeze.

If not try a suspend + resume :)

So tell me if with that tool you can reproduce it, if all work then it can be something else that lock Video / audio or whatever when doing a real suspend (standby)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You maybe need to start 'SendMessage' as run as admin .... :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    You can try something about DVD :
    it's to use the external player (with MPC-HC for ex) . Just to confirm the issue (but you need to close MPC-HC before standby)
    Stop playback manually before standby (does it freeze too ?)

I am not sure if I understand - should I install MPC-HC and should I set it up as a player in MP?
    How I can tested freeze during standby if I close MPC-HC beofre standby?[DOUBLEPOST=1399023986][/DOUBLEPOST]Testing results:
    MPC-HC installed. I closed MP and started MPC-HC as standalone application, I open the ripped DVD video (I have problem with in MP) and I start to play this video in MPC-HC. Now I did:
    1. When I pause the video in MPC-HC and I press sleep button, PC goes to sleep, then I wake up PC and the video was in pause (there was black screen). When I click to play, it continued to play video without any problems.
    2. When I click to sleep button during the DVD ripped video playing, PC goes to sleep, then I wake up PC and MPC-HC automatically continued with video playing without any problems.

I have not asked you if you can reproduced my problem in your HTPC.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry :) i was talking about this setting :
    upload_2014-5-2_12-35-49.png

I can't reproduce it on my side.
    Can you try with the tools too ? (simulate the suspend / resume message)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom