[MP1-4456] Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby & remote control issue (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Sorry i was talking about this setting :
    I set up exactly as you ut it in the printscreen and the freeze issue is still here (so external HPC-HC):
    1. MP freezes after the wake up when before I press sleep button during the DVD ripped video was playing
    2. MP freezes after the wake up when before I press sleep button during the DVD ripped video was paused (! new info)
    3. MP does not freeze after wake up when before I press sleep button during the DVD ripped video was stopped (! new info)
    It looks when the HTPC is restared (whole PC with Windows as well), first time it of sleep mode during the DVD ripped video was playing it does not freeze after the wake up - I have to tried few times more and let you know.

Can you try with the tools too ?
    I will do within 1 hour.

Thanks a lot for help by now.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When you setup like screenshot, MP use MPC-HC or internal player for the DVD ?
    I think the build i have posted didn't have the fix about External player and then it's always MP (internal player) that in use.

Ok for it's something related to DVD code but i can't reproduce it (for now lol).

Will see your result with the tools :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    The screen when I play the video with external player looks same as screen with internal - I would say I am using internal player even with setting for external, but I dont know how to check it.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If it was external, you will see mpc-hc opening :)
    So yes it's the bug not fixed in posted build lol

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Ok, than it must be internal, as I dont see any mpc-hc opening.
    I am using MP version 1.7.0 downloaded from mp web portal

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It happen also with my own build right ? (the freeze etc.)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    To select MP : move the target : to MediaPortal windows. (Ah yes, you need to start MP in windowed mode and not fullscreen)
    Then you can do 'SendMessage' from Suspend SendMessage tool (MP will receive it and act like it goes to suspend, so it should stop playback and look freezed)
    Then do 'SendMessage' from second tool to resume it : It should unfreeze and go to Home. (but for you it should stay freezed with DVD)
    So here try a second 'SendMessage' from resume to see if it unfreeze.
    If not try a suspend + resume
    So tell me if with that tool you can reproduce it, if all work then it can be something else that lock Video / audio or whatever when doing a real suspend (standby)

I change the MP setting back to the internal player and I unistalled MPC-HC to be sure, I am using internal player.
    Then I tried you told me:
    In this can it works perfect without any freeze. If I start MP to play ripped DVD video, than I send Suspend message from the "SendMessage" tool and screen in MP freezes as you say and after the Resume message it unfreeze the screen and go to Home without any problems - I was trying plenty of times without any issues.

What does it mean now?[DOUBLEPOST=1399036697][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It happen also with my own build right ? (the freeze etc.)

Which built you mean? I am using the original 1.7.0 from web.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Thanks for testing with the tool both suspend and resume works for you
    Do you want me to try your build with "SendMessage"tool or just from user GUI?

So now it's surely related to a driver used by DVD when goind to standby that freeze.
    Why do you think it is related to DVD driver when its ripped video on HD?

I can confirm information (tested in MP 1.7.0 from web) that the freezing issue is only in case of ripped DVD video and MP has to be second on more time in sleep mode after the PC restart - i.e. if I restart whole PC, than in case of first standby/wake-up cycle MP does not freeze. MP freeze from second stanby/wake-up cycle:
    1. play ripped DVD
    2. put MP to sleep and wake up -> ripped dvd play freezes
    3. put MP to sleep and wake up -> it will stop to play ripped DVD video
    4. play ripped DVD
    5. put MP to sleep and wake up -> ripped dvd play freezes
    6. put MP to sleep and wake up -> it will stop to play ripped DVD video
    7. etc.

When I restart PC and I put PC it to the sleep mode, than I wake up PC and then I start MP, then the MP does not freeze during sleep cycle (for PC 2nd sleep cycle already, for MP just 1st cycle already). Than for next sleep cycle MP freezes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom