[MP1-4456] Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby & remote control issue (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    asynchronous channel tune means that the Server tunes next channel parallel to the one i actual watching to perform faster channel change?
    For me (multi-seat setup) it's faster (or feels faster) with tuning. :D

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Can you provide log when it occurs ?

I just tested again (with original MP 1.7.0) and the scenario, when MP freezes is:
    1. start MP
    2. play DVD from harddisk
    3. press green button -> windows with DVD screen is reduced to small windows which is now in the middle on top
    4. press sleep button -> goes to sleep
    5. press sleep button -> wakes up & freezes -> just again sleep button press help -> goes again to the sleep
    6. press sleep button -> wakes up & unfreezes (see log MediaPortalLogs_30_04_14__21_17.zip)

Note to point 3: it happens also if I miss to press gren button (see log MediaPortalLogs_30_04_14__21_06.zip)[DOUBLEPOST=1398887568][/DOUBLEPOST]
    MP uses Windows Power Settings, so when you've setup S3 for the powerbutton, it'll use that.

Thank you, I see. I have in Windows power management setting (I hope it is from Windows intallation) this one:
    • Go to sleep mode when is switched on/off button
    • Go to sleep mode when is switched sleep button
    There is "Exit MP" for "Power TV"button from MP installation, but when I press sleep/power button on my remote control, HTPC goes to the sleep even MP says it shoudl exit MP... No idea why...

I was looking to the MCE remote control specs (see pdf file) and you can see on page 18the button code for sleep is number 12 -> in MP from default setting is 101 (see Microsoft MCE.xml). No idea why...

When I change in MP the code button for Power TV to 12, then when I press sleep button it does 2 taks: 1st task is what I configure in MP for such button and 2nd task is again to go to sleep mode.
    No idea why it still does 2nd task...

Attachments

• Microsoft MCE.xml
      11.6 KB
    • Windows-Media-Center-RC-IR-Collection-Green-Button-Specification-03-08-2011-V2 (1).pdf
      2.4 MB
    Last edited:

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Fix return to Home on resume

Thanks a lot.... I just tested it. Here are results:
    • it wakes up to last active screen before a sleep and after ~5sec it switch to home screen - for all cases exept 2nd and 3rd point bellow (would be better to swith to home screen before sleep)
    • it wakes up and freeze if MP played DVD media from harddisk before sleep -> second sleep cycle is needed (than after 5 secs MP switch to home screen)
    • it wakes up to the last active screen and remain in it for case of screen: settings -> submenu 1 -> submenu 2 (when you can see some sonfiguration items on right side of the screen for Titan skin -> in this case it does not go to home screen automatically after the wake up)

I found also one bug: if you change the Titan skin from Extended one to Extended two, than MP does not execute the client restart, just MP goes to home screen, where the icons in home screen disapered (just text labels are there). When I close MP and start again, the icons are OK

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I discover there are 2 types of MCE remote controls with diference in button signal for power on/off:
    1. MCE remote with signal 12 (dec) for power button on/off
    2. MCE remote with signal 101 (dec) for power button on/off -> this is a default in MP Config tool
    I have RC type 1 - i.e. signal 12. This was source of troubles, as it does not sending signal 101, as is configured in MP.

Anyway there is a bug in MP I think as for "Power TV" -power button on/off the MP Config Tool does not ovewrite the button functionality, for other buttons it does.
    In my case if I set up in MP Config tool for Power TV with signal 12 to exit MP, finally it does both, it exits MP and sends HTPC to sleep mode (the windows eHome default setting).

I found out nice apps (AdvancedMCERemoteMapper.exe), where you can check the eHome driver setting very simply.

My resulst for my remote control issues is simple:
    1. I have to change the signal from 101 to 12 -> my RC uses signal 12 for "Power TV" - power on/off (not 101) -> may be the defualt in MP could be 12(n)
    2. MP does not overwrite button functionality for "Power TV" -> I think it should override the button functionality as it does for others buttons

Martin

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you provide log when it occurs ?

I just tested again (with original MP 1.7.0) and the scenario, when MP freezes is:
    1. start MP
    2. play DVD from harddisk
    3. press green button -> windows with DVD screen is reduced to small windows which is now in the middle on top
    4. press sleep button -> goes to sleep
    5. press sleep button -> wakes up & freezes -> just again sleep button press help -> goes again to the sleep
    6. press sleep button -> wakes up & unfreezes (see log MediaPortalLogs_30_04_14__21_17.zip)

Note to point 3: it happens also if I miss to press gren button (see log MediaPortalLogs_30_04_14__21_06.zip)

I have try with a video (no DVD) and playback is stopped and on resume it switch to home directly (no delay on my side) :)
    Will try with DVD ripped on HDD.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Code:
    [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - DVDPlayer:OnCmdComplete() Unknown command!
    Martin, you have that line in error and i suppose it's why MP freeze on first resume.
    Can you try without a DVD but a little video ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try to by disabling PowerScheduler ? (just for testing purpose) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom