[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This topic is in the wrong section since the problem is with mediaportal 1.9 not 1.8.

evilgroby

Portal Pro
February 2, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
same here like the error from killer8:
The screen was showing the desktop but mediaportal was still crashed and running in the background so I had to kill the process. Error was:
[2014-10-02 01:27:07,294] [Error ] [53 ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' bij

using MePo 1.8 with intel i3 2100 and onboard graphic.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok,
I did have a crash here and there too. Come to think of it, for me It might be connected to AMD beta drivers.
Did you also happen to install the beta drivers around the time you updated MP?
This is just a theorie, so If you prove this is not the case (intel GPU for instance..hahaha) then it goes out of the windows.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Come to think of it, for me It might be connected to AMD beta drivers.
    I have been running with beta drivers for a few months without crashes, so i don't suspect those to be the cause.

I suspect a plugin or a wrong exit procedure (which was reverted because the fix was giving more problem). killer8 also mentioned that when he modified his shutdown routine for his remote a bit, it seemed to be better.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not using beta drivers. Got a Nvidia GTX 970 with newest WHQL(344.16) drivers. Been running with these drivers since I got this card 2 weeks ago.

Plugins I use are:
    - Backupsettings
    - CecRemote(disabled)
    - Extensions
    - Fanart handler
    - Global search
    - Infoservice
    - Latest media handler
    - Lavfilter
    - Logo manager
    - Mediaportalurlsourcesplitter
    - Moving pictures
    - MP-TVSeries
    - MyLyrics
    - Onlinevideos
    - Radiotime
    - Subcentral
    - Subitledownloader
    - Titan extended
    - Trailers
    - Trakt for mediaportal
    - Wifiremote(disabled)
    - Worldweather

Does any of these plugins have known incompatibility problems?

I have also MPExtended Service and MPExtended webmediaportal installed and running.

Had another crash this afternoon, i've attached the watchdog zip. However when I cold boot the system or the standby doesn't crash straight after waking up than the system is rock solid and never has any problem.

I'm not sure if the change in my harmony for sleep/wake up order does really make any difference since mediaportal still crashes quite often.

Another thing I tried Audio gueard like Homey suggested but this doesn't make any difference for me the hdmi audio is still not available sometimes after standby, based on Nvidia forums I think this is a drivers issues since I had the same problem sometimes with my old Nvidia 520 card.(Has nothing to do with this topic but I just mention it since Homey gave me a nice hint yesterday)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FWIW always when it crashes after it comes out of standby it shows the same screen. I've attached a screenshot of how the screen looks like. It's always exactly the same so I guess it's always crashing because of the same thing.

Attachments

• mediaportal crash.png
      mediaportal crash.png
      2.2 MB
    Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FWIW always when it crashen after it comes out of standby it shows the same screen. I've attached a screenshot of how the screen looks like. It's always exactly the same so I guess it's always crashing because of the same thing.

I can confirm this! Maybe the issue is related to World Weather and @Micropolis can help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom