[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (3 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm the crash after stanby and the message, but it's hard to reproduce, because it happens only from time to time (~ 70%).

augwave

April 6, 2008
    Home Country
    I also can confirm this crash, normally occurs after resuming from standby, start watching tv plugin and then pressing tv guide. MP becomes unresponsive and after a minute or so the tv plugin stops playing and tvguide remains on the screen. I need to kill MP to restart and then I have no problems. I am running 1.9.0.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also have this Error Message from World Weather. But this is IMHO not the case for those Crashes.
    I had those crash´s also until i have buy´d the Dr. HDMI Device.

If HDMI Connection is used, maybe all of you can try using another Connection Method for Testing?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can confirm this! Maybe the issue is related to World Weather
    I'm also using and don't have the crashes, but i think i had some in the past.
    Could you 2 check if you have the option 'force refresh after system resume' enabled? If so, disable that and test
    upload_2014-10-3_11-52-11.png

If HDMI Connection is used, maybe all of you can try using another Connection Method for Testing?
    Or for those that have a receiver in between >> Video Out from HTPC directly to TV

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me this "Force refresh after system resume" was already disabled so can't be the reason of the crashes.

I will disable the whole plugin and see if this makes a difference.

I can try to connect the htpc directly to the tv this weekend.

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've disabled the weatherplugin for last half hour. I continuesly put my pc into sleep and wake it up. Watched some tv in between or started a tv show and didn't had any mediaportal crash. Maybe it's really this plugin which gives problems. I will continue testing tonight.

Can someone else with the same problem also try this for a little while?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can someone else with the same problem also try this for a little while?

Yes, will do, but i've noticed here, that the issue only occures after at least a few hours of sleep. I will report tomorrow morning!
    I understand, I'm also not sure if this is really the fix or just coincidence. Will keep testing, incase it's really this plugin I think we should report at the plugin creator.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will disable the whole plugin and see if this makes a difference.
    If you want to do proper testing to figure out the cause, you should let your system run with WatchDog option #1 for a couple of days/resumes. That way all plugins are disabled and the default skin is used.
    I know it's a pita using the system then, but it's the only way to narrow down the possible causes.
    As an alternative you could start WatchDog Option #1 before going to bed, so it goes to sleep without ANY plugin running + default skin.

Yes, will do, but i've noticed here, that the issue only occures after at least a few hours of sleep.
    That's another problem in tackling down resume issues. I've had my share of freezes after resume and also noticed that it took a sleep cycle of at least 1/1.5 hours to trigger the issue (so overnights or during shutdown on work days). That makes it a lot harder to find the culprit, especially when the issue is 'random'.

Do you guys 'force' the system into standby with the remote/keyboard, or do you use the PowerScheduler plugin to let it go into standby?
    I've setup PS to put my system into S3 after 15 minutes idle time, and my resumes are great every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom