[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all. No idea if this is related to the crashes after standby but it was a crash when resuming so I'll put it here just in case it is useful? Error was system out of memory. Running 1.10 pre. Thanks.

Couple of questions I have.. I see alot of errors from TVService that it can't find R:/. In my system this is a ram drive which is recreated at startup (I used the wiki guide to set it all up). It has been working fine for at least all this year (I can't remember when I set it up, probably all last year too!) but now all of a sudden the drive is not created quickly enough. Has something changed that could cause the MePo to try and grab that location earlier than it used to?

Hi,
    Did you use bin from this thread ?
    About ram drive, no clue :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just resumed my HTPC this morning and V14 works just great! No problems here, it also ran fine all day yesterday.

About the loadskin fix for tvplugin provided by @Sebastiii I haven't seen the problem since then, however I've seen another loadskin erorr:

Code:
    [2014-11-15 22:33:35,283] [Error  ] [12       ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   bij System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       bij System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Load(String skinFileName)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.DoRestoreSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoTopOverlay.PostRender(Single timePassed, Int32 iLayer)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoTopOverlay.RenderLayer(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILayerManager.Render(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortalApp.RenderFrame(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentImage(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean isRepaint)
       bij MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.PresentImage(Int16 width, Int16 height, Int16 arWidth, Int16 arHeight, UInt32 pTexture, UInt32 pSurface)'

Maybe you have a similair fix for that?

I think the tvplugin loadskin fix just works fine so you can merge it into your production branch I guess.

Not sure if i can fix that, can you post full debug log to try to see what happen, it's maybe another plugin that trigger something :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all. No idea if this is related to the crashes after standby but it was a crash when resuming so I'll put it here just in case it is useful? Error was system out of memory. Running 1.10 pre. Thanks.

Couple of questions I have.. I see alot of errors from TVService that it can't find R:/. In my system this is a ram drive which is recreated at startup (I used the wiki guide to set it all up). It has been working fine for at least all this year (I can't remember when I set it up, probably all last year too!) but now all of a sudden the drive is not created quickly enough. Has something changed that could cause the MePo to try and grab that location earlier than it used to?

Hi,
    Did you use bin from this thread ?
    About ram drive, no clue :(

Hi Seb no this is just standard 1.10 pre. I'll try your bin if you think it will help - I wasn't sure if it was a plugin causing it or something so thought I would post some logs first.

I have recently installed Kaspersky so will see if that is interfering with the ram drive - thats about the only change I have made to the system in a long time other than MePo updates.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just resumed my HTPC this morning and V14 works just great! No problems here, it also ran fine all day yesterday.

About the loadskin fix for tvplugin provided by @Sebastiii I haven't seen the problem since then, however I've seen another loadskin erorr:

Code:
    [2014-11-15 22:33:35,283] [Error  ] [12       ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   bij System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       bij System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Load(String skinFileName)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.DoRestoreSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoTopOverlay.PostRender(Single timePassed, Int32 iLayer)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoTopOverlay.RenderLayer(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILayerManager.Render(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortalApp.RenderFrame(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentImage(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean isRepaint)
       bij MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.PresentImage(Int16 width, Int16 height, Int16 arWidth, Int16 arHeight, UInt32 pTexture, UInt32 pSurface)'

Maybe you have a similair fix for that?

I think the tvplugin loadskin fix just works fine so you can merge it into your production branch I guess.

Not sure if i can fix that, can you post full debug log to try to see what happen, it's maybe another plugin that trigger something :)

It wasn't very clear which logs were needed but I think you need these two. Incase you need any other logs please let me know.

For the tvplugin fix will this be included in future mp builds?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Export all log with watchdog tools :)
    About tvplugin fix, not sure but will see :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try to disable minidisplay ?
    To see if it's better, like there is a render thread and it's maybe it that trigger something :)

Also you can try watchdog with first option too, it will use only default plugins (no TVS/MOVPIC/OV etc.) and see if log look the same :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Export all log with watchdog tools :)
    About tvplugin fix, not sure but will see :)
    Here you go

Can you try to disable minidisplay ?
    To see if it's better, like there is a render thread and it's maybe it that trigger something :)

Also you can try watchdog with first option too, it will use only default plugins (no TVS/MOVPIC/OV etc.) and see if log look the same :)
    I will give it a try. The minidisplay errors you see are already reported in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/minidisplay-imon-errors-in-logs.128369/ but I will give it a try anyway.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

What i want to see (later) is : With minidisplay disable, does loadskin error on render pass is trigger or not :)
    So will see in your next try and with log :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not so sure when the loadskin error comes up. I mean it's just sometimes, even with minidisplay enabled. When do I exactly have to take a log? after one standby or using it for a while or something?[DOUBLEPOST=1416142719][/DOUBLEPOST]I was testing V14 a bit more and disabled minidisplay to prevent loadskin error. But got a crash, I was watching live tv and did put the htpc in standby without stopping the tv first. After a wake there was a frozen picture of my tv show and medieportal froze completely.

Although when I try to get in taskmanager to kill mediaportal I wasn't able to do this since mediaportal is set as always in front and seems to be still working(I head some button sounds when I click around in the screen). Alt F4 however did kill mediaportal correctly but this didn't give me watchdog in front so maybe it wasn't really crashed. Here is the watchdog zip.

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I almost thought disabling the minidisplay plugin fixed the loadskin error but after a whole afternoon the error is back:( Here is the watchdog zip.

Beside that it seems V14 is quite good, the only crash I had was the zip posted with my last post. I've tried standby and resume many times, for long and short periods but only the previous crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom